5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyed power

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Just as possible help, if not already posted. Looking at the underhood fuse box and cover. Between F36 and K09 there are a couple of skinny spade lugs. The one toward the right side of the pickup(passenger) is hot when the key is on. I do not know if it connects directly to the battery. I needed power for a camera so I connected a wire and fuse to run into the cabin for the camera.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just as possible help, if not already posted. Looking at the underhood fuse box and cover. Between F36 and K09 there are a couple of skinny spade lugs. The one toward the right side of the pickup(passenger) is hot when the key is on. I do not know if it connects directly to the battery. I needed power for a camera so I connected a wire and fuse to run into the cabin for the camera.

Can you post a pic? It must not be connected directly to the battery if it’s only hot with the ignition

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Just look at the diagram on the removable cover of the fuse box. It identifies F36 and K09. The two spade lugs are just between. I believe (am not sure at this point) one is hot and one keyed. And you're correct it can't connect to the battery. My arthritis meds make me fussy sometimes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most people connect their dash cams to the fuse panel in the dash so they don't have to run wires through the firewall, and keeps wires shorter.

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Most people don't have as large a problem with arthritis as I have. I could not figure out a way to lay on my back and work on the fuse panel. It was easier for me to run wires from the underhood fuse panel!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most people don't have as large a problem with arthritis as I have. I could not figure out a way to lay on my back and work on the fuse panel. It was easier for me to run wires from the underhood fuse panel!
How did you route the wire?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just look at the diagram on the removable cover of the fuse box. It identifies F36 and K09. The two spade lugs are just between. I believe (am not sure at this point) one is hot and one keyed. And you're correct it can't connect to the battery. My arthritis meds make me fussy sometimes.

Do you mean here?

Attachments

• IMG_6429.jpeg
    IMG_6429.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
How did you route the wire?
There is a rubber grommet surrounding something I forget now, but just pushed it through and the grommet sealed up just fine. You'll see it on the firewall from under the hood. A little hard for me to reach inside, but I did manage that. Another reason I did it that way was to eventually get power from the battery for some 12 volt outlets, and also 5 volt in the back. This pickup came with only one 12-volt cig plug. on top of the dash, and nothing in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread