5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fobs

Nick54

Reaction score
Its widely advertised that many manufacturers build hidden features into thier key fobs, what about our Ram trucks?

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
They baked in the security feature that the Truck won't recognize the keyfob from more than 20ft away to unlock it, and sometimes not more than 2 ft away to start the truck on button press... or maybe that's not a security feature.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Titan, if you held the lock button down for more than a couple of seconds it would put down the two front windows and lock the door and set the alarm. It was a neat feature that let you start airing out the heat in the truck while you were walking through the parking lot. I wonder if the Ram has anything similar?

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
On my Titan, if you held the lock button down for more than a couple of seconds it would put down the two front windows and lock the door and set the alarm. It was a neat feature that let you start airing out the heat in the truck while you were walking through the parking lot. I wonder if the Ram has anything similar?

Nada, I just tried all the buttons.

Nick54

Reaction score
That's the kind of features I hoped might be programed into our fobs.

Nick54

Reaction score
Nada, I just tried all the buttons.
Some other makes used combined button presses like the lock and start buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds and all windows would open.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That's the kind of features I hoped might be programed into our fobs.
I am glad we don't have those "features".
Had this on my BMW, and once all my windows and sunroof opened during a heavy downpour while we were at a restaurant. When wearing jeans, I always keep the FOB in the watch pocket, and apparently, the buttons inadvertently got pushed while seating down, causing the windows to open. This happened more than once...

Nick54

Reaction score
I am glad we don't have those "features".
Had this on my BMW, and once all my windows and sunroof opened during a heavy downpour while we were at a restaurant. When wearing jeans, I always keep the FOB in the watch pocket, and apparently, the buttons inadvertently got pushed while seating down, causing the windows to open. This happened more than once...
Sorry to hear that. Not trying to be a jerk, but I assume since you couldn't disable those special features it probably would have been a good idea to belt loop your keys or place them in different pocket. I do get your point though, I would be freaked out to find my interior soaked.

ClancyO

Reaction score
... Had this on my BMW, and once all my windows and sunroof ...

Just be glad it wasn't a convertible. My beater car is an '05 330ci 'vert - and I like the all down feature (including roof) on the fob. My last truck was a titan and there too I like the window down feature - I tried it with the RAM and was disappointed that it's not there.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Not trying to be a jerk, but I assume since you couldn't disable those special features it probably would have been a good idea to belt loop your keys or place them in different pocket. I do get your point though, I would be freaked out to find my interior soaked.
No worries. I tried other pockets and it did happen on another occasion in a different pocket. I just think the buttons were either too sensitive or raised. Carrying FOB on a belt loop is not an option for me, unless I am also wearing my pocket protector at the time... :p

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Just be glad it wasn't a convertible. My beater car is an '05 330ci 'vert - and I like the all down feature (including roof) on the fob. My last truck was a titan and there too I like the window down feature - I tried it with the RAM and was disappointed that it's not there.

Same here Clancy0----01 330ci!!! Especially down here in Florida---that release of the hotness while walking up to vehicle makes a difference!!!

(side note...wish I could get that suspension handling in my truck like the 330--loved it!!!!)

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Same here Clancy0----01 330ci!!! Especially down here in Florida---that release of the hotness while walking up to vehicle makes a difference!!!

(side note...wish I could get that suspension handling in my truck like the 330--loved it!!!!)
The handling on my X5 was like a race car (even in comfort mode), so very fun, especially on turns, but the ride on my 2019 RAM is much better (comfort-wise :) ).

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I am going with 2" spacers (for the look) and hopefully it helps with the 4" wider spread. Thinking about rear drop 2 inches and saw rear sway bar (Hellwig). I too like the comfort feeling so not thinking of shocks etc... still want little tighter feel in truck.

I definitely would be interested if something comes out to put windows down in key fob!!!

Saints

Reaction score
I am going with 2" spacers (for the look) and hopefully it helps with the 4" wider spread. Thinking about rear drop 2 inches and saw rear sway bar (Hellwig). I too like the comfort feeling so not thinking of shocks etc... still want little tighter feel in truck.

I definitely would be interested if something comes out to put windows down in key fob!!!
The Tazer DT has an option to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread