5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob Weirdness

MarkkraM

Reaction score
So I go to my local big box store, turn truck off, get out and it won't lock. I get back in and try to start the truck, and it says "key fob not fount". Uh oh. Lucky I start it by pressing the start button with the fob. I do this a couple of times. I'm thinking that maybe it's the battery, so I rip home and pick up my spare fob. But before I use it, I try the original one I was using, and sure enough it works.

So, I high tail it back to the store, and on my way I start to think. I park in the same spot as before. Sure enough, neither fob works. I am parked right next to a Classic Warlock. So I move my truck about 2 rows over, and my fobs work!

I guess the classics use the same fob, but really weird they are the same frequency. Maybe just bad luck. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues, but I am going to be a little more careful who I park beside.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Hasnt happened to mine yet but I have heard of the fobs not working in certain areas due to interference from othrr different electronics

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suspect interference from an external souce.... could be that other truck, but maybe LED lights in the parking lot?

Users who are viewing this thread