5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob remote lowering

dalailama23

Reaction score
After my truck sits for 10 - 15 minutes such as in a store shopping the key fob remote will not lower vehicle to entry/ exit the turn signals just flash about 5 times. if i remote start, it will then lower, it will also lower if i use the remote right after shutting down and getting out of the truck. Anybody else? is this normal? Manual doesn't mention it just says doors have to closed and my 15 doesn't work this way either. i did see other post saying wake up the system by unlocking or maybe battery voltage this could be but it is an etorque so you would think its got extra juice. Just thought i would see if anybody has something new. having it running while loading hurts mileage.

Last edited:

Nlg4021

Reaction score
Yea mine does the same thing. Its almost like it goes to sleep after a certain amount of time.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just lower it when you get out of the truck?

I believe page 577 in the manual says there should be an AUTO E/E mode when placed into park, under the Suspension Settings, but it isn't there on my 12".

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After my truck sits for 10 - 15 minutes such as in a store shopping the key fob remote will not lower vehicle to entry/ exit the turn signals just flash about 5 times. if i remote start, it will then lower, it will also lower if i use the remote right after shutting down and getting out of the truck. Anybody else? is this normal? Manual doesn't mention it just says doors have to closed and my 15 doesn't work this way either. i did see other post saying wake up the system by unlocking or maybe battery voltage this could be but it is an etorque so you would think its got extra juice. Just thought i would see if anybody has something new. having it running while loading hurts mileage.
Sounds just like my Uconnect remote app.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea mine does the same thing. Its almost like it goes to sleep after a certain amount of time.

I had some remote (lower, start, etc.) issues early on and then I started double clicking more slowly and it works 100% now. It's like a fast double click confused it or the signals weren't distinct enough.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had some remote (lower, start, etc.) issues early on and then I started double clicking more slowly and it works 100% now. It's like a fast double click confused it or the signals weren't distinct enough.
Same goes for me. I started to be more deliberate with the button-pushing.

Users who are viewing this thread