5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob Not Working

Mogelfo

Reaction score
Tried to open my 2021 Rebel this morning with the key fob but both fobs did not work. When I used the valet key to open the door the alarm went off. Dealer says I need to tow the truck in but can’t because the steering wheel is locked and can’t shift to neutral. I tried holding the fob to the start button but with alarm going off it did not work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bigga826

Reaction score
Tried to open my 2021 Rebel this morning with the key fob but both fobs did not work. When I used the valet key to open the door the alarm went off. Dealer says I need to tow the truck in but can’t because the steering wheel is locked and can’t shift to neutral. I tried holding the fob to the start button but with alarm going off it did not work. Any advice would be appreciated.
Just happend to me in NY, lasted 2 days. Neighbors Ram was was acting up as well. Don't tow it. It should resolve.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Tried to open my 2021 Rebel this morning with the key fob but both fobs did not work. When I used the valet key to open the door the alarm went off. Dealer says I need to tow the truck in but can’t because the steering wheel is locked and can’t shift to neutral.
do you know about this?

also read this thread

Bigb9298

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a Radio Frequency hub module going bad. Same thing with my truck. I have been out of a truck since the 6th of this month. Dealer said I should have truck back by feb 8. PART DELAYS

stickman77

Reaction score
Oh man. I thought I had locked the 2021 Ram the previous night. Woke up the next morning and tried to unlock and no lights flashing to unlock. Pulled the handle and the door was unlocked. Come to find out my fob never locked the truck. Both fobs are not working right. The red light on the fobs comes on but does not lock or unlock the truck. Have lights inside and it's not a battery issue. Truck started up with fobs with me. But can't lock truck.

Heard about the RF module issue that some are having. Checked for leaks. Nothing that I can see. I am leaning towards an electrical issue and possible corrupt or going corrupt RF module. Heard that the module can go out at anytime and leave you stranded. This truck may have been showing the first signs of a major issue with the fobs going bad at the same time. I disconnected the negative cable for 15 seconds and connected back again. The fobs worked once again after that.

I was planning on selling anyway and this just expedited the process. Just sold the truck today. Huge weight off the shoulders. I don't like all the electronics with these new truck. Very sensitive. A small leak at the 3rd brake light or back window can trickle down and screw up the RF module and cause get you locked out of the car, leave you stranded or cause an accident. Bad placement for a vital component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/