5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob not recognized

Kolomari

Reaction score
Hello gents. Back here with another small issue to pick your brain at.

So the issue I am having right now is the key fob. When I get into the vehicle, the truck won't recognize it sometimes. (Video can be found here https://streamable.com/2gldw) I attached a video showing that the truck was remote started, it did get unlocked via proximity, but the push button wouldn't recognize it.

Also sometimes while I am driving, I'll get a message saying "Key Fob has left the vehicle". I asked on Facebook and people mentioned vehicle battery and someone mentioned immobilizer coil/antenna.

The battery in the fob was replaced because I thought it was going, but seems to me like that isn't the case as it's happening with both fobs and happening after fob battery replacement.

I did mention this issue to the dealer, they couldn't pull any codes and said the system is fine.

I'm at a standstill. Not sure what to do about this issue.

itsdapk

Reaction score
Have heard from others its the TIPM. Mine occasionally does this, then after like 3 minutes everything resets itself and works fine. I was previously undoing the battery and reconnecting and everything worked fine. I'll post any updates once they happen.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Kolomari

Reaction score
Have heard from others its the TIPM. Mine occasionally does this, then after like 3 minutes everything resets itself and works fine. I was previously undoing the battery and reconnecting and everything worked fine. I'll post any updates once they happen.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Building a list of possible causes so when I take it to the dealer, gonna get em to check all of these possible causes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online