5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob not detected and no passive entry

mpaff

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2019 Dodge 1500 Laramie. Problem started about a week ago, when I get into the truck with the key fob it is not being detected and the passive entry is not working as well. The fob is working on all other operations like remote start, locking and unlocking doors, emergency horn ect. I have tried resetting the key fob, unhooking the battery with no luck. The truck starts when I push the key fob against the on/off button but when I start driving it again says the fob has left the cabin. When resetting the fob I first push the fob against the button twice with my foot off the break to get to the run position. Wait untill all chimes stop and then push the unlock button on fob for 20 seconds and release while pushing the emergency button. If I then push the on/off button 1 more time it starts with using the fob pushing button. I shut it off and when trying to restart I get the same "no fob detected? Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you try?
Thanks
Mpaff

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2019 Dodge 1500 Laramie. Problem started about a week ago, when I get into the truck with the key fob it is not being detected and the passive entry is not working as well. The fob is working on all other operations like remote start, locking and unlocking doors, emergency horn ect. I have tried resetting the key fob, unhooking the battery with no luck. The truck starts when I push the key fob against the on/off button but when I start driving it again says the fob has left the cabin. When resetting the fob I first push the fob against the button twice with my foot off the break to get to the run position. Wait untill all chimes stop and then push the unlock button on fob for 20 seconds and release while pushing the emergency button. If I then push the on/off button 1 more time it starts with using the fob pushing button. I shut it off and when trying to restart I get the same "no fob detected? Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you try?
Thanks
Mpaff
Do you have a leak in the rear? There is a module back there that controls it.

Boyvan

Reaction score
Keep it away from your Cell phone - I read it somewhere in the manual that it can interfere somehow and Fob may stop working, etc. I had similar issue but it resolved on its own (perhaps a coincidence) when I separated my fob and phone.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Try a new battery in the FOB, cheap investment/experiment. Does the other FOB have the same problem(s)? About $10.00 for 2 batteries, and can eliminate a potential problem in the near future even if the batteries in the FOBs are not the problem.

BlueHemi1500

Users who are viewing this thread