5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob malfunction.

pber1

Reaction score
Today after hitting up the local taco truck I hopped in my trick to head home with my keys in my pocket, as usual, but when I pushed the start button my dash lit up saying there was no key fob detected. I hopped out and hopped back in but still no key fob detected. I locked/unlocked using the remote a few times and that worked fine but I still couldn’t start it. So after struggling for a bit the dash lit up telling me to push the start button with the remote and boom started right up! Ive have my truck since last October and this was pretty fúckin weird because it’s never happened before. Has this happened to anyone else??

WoodCountry

Reaction score
It has happened to me, but ONLY when I had the key fob in the same pocket as my cell phone. As soon as I figured that out, it has never happened again.

cra1g

Reaction score
Not sure if this applies, but some people have reported issues like this after installing cheap LED cargo or interior lights that emit RF interference.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
did you install any LED bulbs recently?

pber1

Reaction score
did you install any LED bulbs recently?

My keys are always in my front right pocket and my phone is always in the back left. I haven’t added any LED bulbs either. I don’t what happened but it was really odd! I’ll let you guys know if it happens again

Users who are viewing this thread