5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Fob Issues

stakxyn

Reaction score
Hi all,

My key fob recently stopped opening my doors remotely and remote start is not working either. I am able to enter the truck via passive entry and start just fine. This happens with both my key fobs (I have two).

Anyone know of a fix or has encountered this before?

Thanks!!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,

My key fob recently stopped opening my doors remotely and remote start is not working either. I am able to enter the truck via passive entry and start just fine. This happens with both my key fobs (I have two).

Anyone know of a fix or has encountered this before?

Thanks!!
please state what you have
year, etorque, model, accessories, etc

Mommanord14

Reaction score
This is interesting to me. Aside from having a ton of radio issues, yesterday pulled into a line turned off truck. About 40 minutes later tried to restart truck, mind you never left the vehicle and key fob in my purse where it always is, truck would not start and the ant theft went off. Said key fob not detected. Horn lights all the stuff. After trying everything including the app on my phone the dash finally said start vehicle with key fob. Finally started after about 10 minutes. Earlier that day the radio went black but had sound. I received an email later saying my anti theft was triggered. I have never turned it on or off. This is a six month old 1500 ram long horn.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some after market led bulbs have been known to cause fob issues when installed in the third brake light.

stakxyn

Reaction score
Some after market led bulbs have been known to cause fob issues when installed in the third brake light.
I haven’t had that done at all. Stock lights.

Only aftermarket is the lift, wheels/tires, running boards, tonneau cover. Nothing new since this started

stakxyn

Reaction score
Nope, the “receiver” (it’s actually called an RF Hub) is located on the back cab wall behind the rear seat backs, driver side of center.
Oh interesting, how do I access that?

stakxyn

Reaction score
make sure you take factory warranty to the full advantage before you start tinkering on your own.. the last thing you want is for the dealership to blame the mess on you.
Well I’m gonna tinker on my own cause the dealerships are giving me a 5-6 day diagnostic time with no loaner vehicle…

stakxyn

Reaction score
Just to give an update, after 2 months, it randomly started working again…. I did absolutely nothing new.

I never went to a dealership as they had an unreasonable diagnostic time.

I guess time does fix everything 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread