5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob inoperative

Usher795

Reaction score
This morning I went to leave my house at 6 am and usually remote start the truck from inside my house. I did not hear it start so I tried again and didn’t hear it so I opened my garage and tried it again. No lights are flashing or anything. I then try to open the door with the key in my pocket and it wouldn’t unlock. I grabbed the key and tried to unlock and lock it several times and nothing. I got the key blade out of the fob and opened the door with it and as soon as I did the alarm started going off and I couldn’t get it to stop. After about 30 seconds it stopped but I tried my spare key and it did the same. Tried to push the button with the fob and nothing. The lights on the fobs are working and the battery in the truck is good. I got this truck new 2 years ago and it has 20k miles and I’ve never had any issues with the key fobs before. Anyone have this issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread