5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key fob covers

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The fob I use regularly is starting get dirty. It's got that sticky feeling to it. What are the options for a cover or protector that's not big and bulky? The fob is already big enough so I'd rather not add to its thickness. Pictures or links would be appreciated.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a silicone cover. It's nice but it does not slide in and out of pockets easily. I'm going to switch to fake carbon fiber. 19.99 on the river.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have a silicone cover. It's nice but it does not slide in and out of pockets easily. I'm going to switch to fake carbon fiber. 19.99 on the river.
I keep my fob on a carabiner attached to my belt loop because I hate having things on my pockets so that wouldn't be a big problem for me. I'll have to look into that thanks

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I currently have. I don't have the Tailgate option on my BH so not sure what you require. Pretty cheap too. Mine is 2 yrs old and looks brand new.
Screenshot_20230815_012514_Amazon Shopping.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those look nice
I like mine. Actually have two of them. I bought an aftermarket fob off eBay, to get tailgate release, and this case was designed for factory fobs. Was just a slight difference in tolerances with the aftermarket fob. So while I waited on a response from AJT, I put the case on one of my factory fobs. Instead of swapping the case, cause it's takes a little time, I just bought another one and sanded down the backs of the buttons to work with the aftermarket fob.

Apexevo8

Reaction score
I never use Etsy except for a couple key fob cases. I don’t remember the exact seller but there are a few on there. Nice leather, different colors and they even put the ram logo on the back. There are a couple different logo options, you have to look close though because they blur it on the pictures probably because they aren’t licensed to make the logo.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got Silicone covers for my Laramie. It is pretty much the one for a Limited RAM
because I Optioned it up to a Limited level. I just didn't want the Sunroof. Ramboxes,
Multifuction Tailgate or the new heads up display. If i could have got it with an 8' bed
and 50 Gallon tank I would have done it to.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread