5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Black Clean

NDRam

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep a black exterior clean for more that a few minutes after coming out of the wash? I work for a car wash and run my truck weekly but it still looks dirty the moment it rains or anything. I have heard mention of an after market wax/finish that is supposed to be helpful in this department but wondering what the group has to say about it.

Thanks!

NDRam

Reaction score
Lol... welcome the owning a Black vehicle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I know. LOL. It was the only one within 300 miles that had the options that I wanted so I had to do it!

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I too feel your pain as I have 2 black vehicles. Ceramic coating is really the way to go if you want to the keep it clean the longest.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tons of threads on this subject out there, there's a good one covering detailing basics, ceramic coatings, etc etc. Cruise around the forums a bit and you'll find all you need.

NDRam

Reaction score
She looks so good clean!!

Attachments

• IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 65

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea it's finally stopped raining in Ohio. I haven't washed the truck over a week ago and it still almost looks clean.

NDRam

Reaction score
No one in my area does ceramic coatings that I can find. Might have to look outside the area and take a road trip.

doug55579

Reaction score
I have to agree with you there. If I didn't work at a car wash I would have never gotten black.

Have you noticed many swirls from the brushes? I am hesitant to use a car wash because you look at the black wrong and it has marks. That being said the touchless wash does an awful job.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Have you noticed many swirls from the brushes? I am hesitant to use a car wash because you look at the black wrong and it has marks. That being said the touchless wash does an awful job.
If you don’t want swirls, I would never, ever run it through the car wash. Specially, dark paint. It’s just a fact of life.

Cheers,

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No ceramic on mine but I do wash/rinse it almost daily as it sits outside 24/7. Every 3 months or so I take the Porter Cable to it. I'm keeping up 3 black vehicles right now. Ram, Jeep and Corvette. 12,400 miles on it. 20190616_125338.jpg

NDRam

Reaction score

Yes. I have swirls or what I call "spider web scratches" and the operations manager of the company I work for (car wash/gas stations) does not comment on them. However, I know where they have come from. I am hopeful that a ceramic coating or something will take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread