5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kayak rack

Usma36

Reaction score
I’m looking for a rack for my kayaks. Thule makes a roof top version for the 5th gen but they’re out of stock with no date of restocking. Next up would be a truck rack. Searching on here I found people recommending adarac pro which looks great but I can’t find one in stock that’ll ship and arrive before mid June. I’d like to find something for a trip we are taking June 10. It cannot be a hitch rack as I will be towing a camper.

leedial

Reaction score
I don't have a suggestion for a bed rack that would ship quickly but thought I'd share that everything I've ordered for my 2021 Rebel this year has taken about 8 weeks to be delivered. Bed Rack by RCI, roof rack by Rhino Rack, RTT by OVS and runners by Westin....all from different retailers and all took a good while to ship.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Yakima Overhaul HD, bought it on amazon last year.

Maple

Reaction score
How long are your kayaks? I carry two 10ft kayaks on top of an Undercover Ridgelander, and use a ski carrier for the paddles (and fishing poles) but my 14ft tandem has to go in the bed with a bed extender in the hitch. I wouldn't recommend it if your kayaks are heavy fishing kayaks or much longer. There are other tonneau covers that take rails that you may be able to find faster. Where are you located? Might be a local cover/cap store with something you would be able to get installed in time.

Czimmer39

Reaction score
I don't have a suggestion for a bed rack that would ship quickly but thought I'd share that everything I've ordered for my 2021 Rebel this year has taken about 8 weeks to be delivered. Bed Rack by RCI, roof rack by Rhino Rack, RTT by OVS and runners by Westin....all from different retailers and all took a good while to ship.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Can you post pics of the roof rack. I am looking for roof rack for kayaks.

leedial

Reaction score

silver billet

Reaction score

Maple

Reaction score
Unfortunately that link is dead.

4MO

Reaction score
I thought I would share a photo of my new Adarac Contour rack for those looking at options to carry kayaks with a tonneau cover. Not quite summer kayak season I was planning for in the Northwest yet, but I can’t wait to load it up in a couple weeks for a scout trip with my son.
01a93c3568d89709c6805046b8b278ea.jpg

279e05c77d1520dca5e731747892548e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver billet

Reaction score
I thought I would share a photo of my new Adarac Contour rack for those looking at options to carry kayaks with a tonneau cover. Not quite summer kayak season I was planning for in the Northwest yet, but I can’t wait to load it up in a couple weeks for a scout trip with my son.
01a93c3568d89709c6805046b8b278ea.jpg

279e05c77d1520dca5e731747892548e.jpg

What tonneau cover is that, the retrax? Far as I know that's the only one that works with some carriers.

4MO

Reaction score
It is one of the cheaper Gator soft roll-up covers. Really any of the covers that mount inside the rails would work with the Adarac racks

Users who are viewing this thread