5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Katzkin leather

JMIngrodi

Reaction score
I wasnt sure if this topic goes here or interior. I also posted on the 5th gen facebook page but no help so far. Has anyone here PERSONALLY installed Katzkin leather? Ive got all the seats and doors done. Just need to do the center console lid. I cant find any video or instructions on getting this thing apart. Anyone help ? (19 bighorn crewcab full size center console - not a jump seat)

Daverous

Reaction score
The cover on the underside pops off exposing the staples holding the cover fabric on. I believe it was 4 or 6 torx that hold the lid hinge and latch on. I have one pulled apart in the garage. I'll try to remember to grab a picture in the AM.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasnt sure if this topic goes here or interior. I also posted on the 5th gen facebook page but no help so far. Has anyone here PERSONALLY installed Katzkin leather? Ive got all the seats and doors done. Just need to do the center console lid. I cant find any video or instructions on getting this thing apart. Anyone help ? (19 bighorn crewcab full size center console - not a jump seat)
Can you post some pics of what was done on the door panels?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Daverous

Reaction score

After removing the torx screws the cover just pops off with a trim tool.

JMIngrodi

Reaction score
The cover on the underside pops off exposing the staples holding the cover fabric on. I believe it was 4 or 6 torx that hold the lid hinge and latch on. I have one pulled apart in the garage. I'll try to remember to grab a picture in the AM.
Oh god help me theres staples? I assume the new will need stapled back on then. I wonder what size staple and type of gun Ill have to buy for this. Doubtful my sharpshooter for installing home insulation is going to staple into plastic.

JMIngrodi

Reaction score
Oh god help me theres staples? I assume the new will need stapled back on then. I wonder what size staple and type of gun Ill have to buy for this. Doubtful my sharpshooter for installing home insulation is going to staple
Can you post some pics of what was done on the door panels?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Just these inserts. Theres a great how-to on youtube from leatherseats dot com .

Attachments

• 20220126_112804.jpg
    20220126_112804.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 34

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score
I am very interested in getting Katzkin leather installed for my 21 bighorn. I will most likely have a shop install it because I dont have the skills or time required for the install. From everything I have seen in my research, I have never seen a replacement piece for the center console lid. Do you know if that is standard? If not, how did you order it? can you post a picture of the new cover?

I have a night edition so everything on the inside is a black color scheme, but I want to get dark brown leather, so a new console cover would make it match better I think.

JMIngrodi

Reaction score
I am very interested in getting Katzkin leather installed for my 21 bighorn. I will most likely have a shop install it because I dont have the skills or time required for the install. From everything I have seen in my research, I have never seen a replacement piece for the center console lid. Do you know if that is standard? If not, how did you order it? can you post a picture of the new cover?

I have a night edition so everything on the inside is a black color scheme, but I want to get dark brown leather, so a new console cover would make it match better I think.
Its provided in the katzkin kit but most people dont bother with it because the lid is usually already leather. Mine is worn and doesnt match well and the stitching is in awful condition. So im going to replace it.

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score
Its provided in the katzkin kit but most people dont bother with it because the lid is usually already leather. Mine is worn and doesnt match well and the stitching is in awful condition. So im going to replace it.
Thanks. That makes sense. I wonder if someone got a different color set up, say brown and black in my case, if the center console replacement would be brown or black. I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online