5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kanati Trail Hogs

hup5150

Reaction score
Anyone running these? I've seen some good reviews but wondering if actual Ram users have any info. Thinking of a 285 65 or 285 60 20 inch wheel.

Attachments

• 20190127_210042.jpg
    20190127_210042.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64

HotStuff

Reaction score
I almost bought those. Heard a lot of good things about them. They are just a knock off of the old Goodyear wrangler Mt. But I decided I'm tired of the mud terrain noise and went with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Love them.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am always a little leery with off-brand tires. They do seem to have pretty good reviews; but I did see a review where the owner had to air down to 28lbs to get a flat contact with the ground. If you have to be at 28lbs; your gas mileage will suffer greatly. In my Wrangler JK, the difference between 28 lbs and 32 lbs was about 2 MPG; that was after already losing about 1 MPG with the bigger tires.
Also, after running my Wrangler for four years with 10 ply Terra Grapplers, I won't make the same mistake with my RAM. The 10 plys are nice off road when aired down to 20 lbs; but they hit hard on the highway when inflated (the smallest bump feels like a giant pot hole).

hup5150

Reaction score
I am always a little leery with off-brand tires. They do seem to have pretty good reviews; but I did see a review where the owner had to air down to 28lbs to get a flat contact with the ground. If you have to be at 28lbs; your gas mileage will suffer greatly. In my Wrangler JK, the difference between 28 lbs and 32 lbs was about 2 MPG; that was after already losing about 1 MPG with the bigger tires.
Also, after running my Wrangler for four years with 10 ply Terra Grapplers, I won't make the same mistake with my RAM. The 10 plys are nice off road when aired down to 20 lbs; but they hit hard on the highway when inflated (the smallest bump feels like a giant pot hole).
Are you sure that's because of the 10 ply and not just because it was a Jeep Wrangler? Don't the Rams have a much softer suspension than Jeeps?

Anyway what are you switching to after the 10ply?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure that's because of the 10 ply and not just because it was a Jeep Wrangler? Don't the Rams have a much softer suspension than Jeeps?

Anyway what are you switching to after the 10ply?
RAMS do have a softer ride than Wranglers; and the RAM is heavier. But the tires made a HUGE difference on my Jeep.

I sold my Wrangler after I bought the RAM. For now, I'm sticking with the stock Bridgestone Dueler H/Ls. I'll probably go Goodyear Duratrac if I go with a Mud Terrain type tire. If I go All Terrain; then I'm thinking about Cooper Discover AT3 LT. or Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I like the smooth ride of these RAMS, I would hate to ruin it with a tire that is too hard and stiff. I made that mistake with my Jeep and was kicking myself for getting a HD tire.

Users who are viewing this thread