5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K&N Cold air intake

sneor

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on k&n intake. The website states the same intake (part:63-1561) from 2009-2018 will fit on the 19’s now.
Installed it tonight and it does not fit the mounting Brackets provided. I made it fit without using both brackets. For anyone interested in the intake id wait, ill update this with information when i call them tomarrow and see whats up with the fitment.

Attachments

• 26FA5513-BB26-4A5C-AF0C-5A267BBA577F.jpeg
    26FA5513-BB26-4A5C-AF0C-5A267BBA577F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 359
  • 3DCBA9F3-9DF0-4788-8FEA-059EEBFE8622.jpeg
    3DCBA9F3-9DF0-4788-8FEA-059EEBFE8622.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 358

jamesfg

Reaction score
Break out the welder and >>>make<<< it fit. That's what fabbing is all about.

Tgcarch

Reaction score
Gotta read the fine print. I think it only fits the 2019 Classic, 4th gen. I am searching for one as well

Akpilot

Reaction score
Doesn’t fit on the etorque motors. I built the kit then went to install only to find out they changed the hose attachement and also the location of the intake. Called k&n and they acknowledged that it won’t fit and they are working on a new kit.

Reaper

Reaction score
I just bought one. Any suggestions on what to do with the kit that won’t fit???

Akpilot

Reaction score
I took returned it. Told them k&n said over the phone it doesn’t fit even though the website said it does.

warden6818

Reaction score
This exact same thing happened to me. I just got one for xmas went to install and it doesnt fit even though the website said it did...for the 2019 classic, I didnt even know what was a thing. They did not specify it was for classic and a I went back and clearly clicked 2019, not 2019 classic. Insane, funny story though I called to return it and instead of letting me return it KN had me destroy they intake and will send me my money back. Good business model KN, good lord.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
This exact same thing happened to me. I just got one for xmas went to install and it doesnt fit even though the website said it did...for the 2019 classic, I didnt even know what was a thing. They did not specify it was for classic and a I went back and clearly clicked 2019, not 2019 classic. Insane, funny story though I called to return it and instead of letting me return it KN had me destroy they intake and will send me my money back. Good business model KN, good lord.
Really? Just destroy it?

Talk about a huge profit margin on those things, apparently.

warden6818

Reaction score
Really? Just destroy it?

Talk about a huge profit margin on those things, apparently.

Yeah no kidding, one it is stand up of them to have me destroy it since I opened it so they don't sell a used part to someone and it messes up their truck, but holy cow how many times a year does this happen and they just tell everyone to destroy them. Profit margins must be 90%.

Attachments

• intake2.jpg
    intake2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88

billyraff

Reaction score
AFE has an intake made for our models. The magnum is out now and the momentum is being designed

warden6818

Reaction score
Oh yeah from reading forums on here I think I have settled on an AFE CAI. I about to pull the trigger on it right now

Jester19

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the AFE Momemtum on their '19 DT? I have never installed a CAI and am curious about what I could expect from a performance and MPG standpoint.

Limited_Ram

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the AFE Momemtum on their '19 DT? I have never installed a CAI and am curious about what I could expect from a performance and MPG standpoint.
The AFE Momentum has not yet been released...

Users who are viewing this thread