5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just to Clarify Wheels for Limited

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Hi guys, just ordered my first Ram 1500. It's a Limited after having Fords all my life so I will have questions. I didn't want the 22's so I ordered it in with the factory 20's. Would like a bigger look and will need E load rated tires as well. So I will be buying a tire/wheel combo. I'm looking at 305/55/20's and 20x9 wheel. I understand the offset from factory is around +18. Do I stay with that offset on new wheels or go with the next popular size a 20x9 with a 00 offset? I understand that combo will push the rim out towards the fender slightly? Any chances of fender rub? What are you 305/55 guys running for rim offsets? Anyone have any luck with the Daystar spacers on the air ride or any other spacer setup?
The truck is a 2020 Ivory white limited, level 1, off road group, bed utility group, body color bumper group, 3.92 gears, ram boxes and multi tailgate, etorgue 5.7

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
Congratulations!
I was going to buy a F150 Limited or Raptor after driving a Expedition Limited for a year and prior to that GM trucks and SUVs. The new RAM released and I quickly lost interest in the F150 and began following the reviews and awards of the new RAM. After it won every award and no bad reviews I drove a Limited and I was sold. The F150 Limited is nice, the Raptor is awesome but I don't off-road and the is no comparing the interior to the RAM Limited, I also liked the 5.7 HEMI eTourque even though the 3.5 Turbo V6 is a little faster from the factory but a lot of reviewers said they prefer the HEMI for everyday driving. The GMC SIERRA Denali with 6.2 is nice and love the 6.2 but everything is else is again no comparison to the new RAM Limited. I ordered a Ivory Limited eTorque HEMI, 3:92, painted bumpers, loaded. Just no pano roof or RAM BOX. The only thing I didn't like was wheels and tires. I ordered Black Rhino Traverse 22x9.5 25 offset with 305/45 22 Ridge Grapplers. The tire size you want will be same as mine, you will just have 2" more of sidewall. I don't have OFR Group so rubbing will not be an issue with the right offset. Offset will depend on if you want concave wheel, lipped wheel or a flat faced wheel.
bf21d0562433d16c2b0f96234c11be87.jpg

Maybe this will help. My wheels sit about perfectly flush with fenders. They are a little deeper concave than factory 22's which sat tucked in a bit with 19 offset. Having the OFR Group you could do a 35" tire if you don't mind the the weight and stiffer ride of a LT tire. The 35" Nittos actually fit my truck fine without having OFR Group but the weight and hard LT hurt the acceleration and ride quality. The luxury feel and ride of this truck, I wasn't willing to compromise for the look of a 35" tire since the only place it goes off road is on the beach and 33" Ridge Grapplers are more than enough for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys, just ordered my first Ram 1500. It's a Limited after having Fords all my life so I will have questions. I didn't want the 22's so I ordered it in with the factory 20's. Would like a bigger look and will need E load rated tires as well. So I will be buying a tire/wheel combo. I'm looking at 305/55/20's and 20x9 wheel. I understand the offset from factory is around +18. Do I stay with that offset on new wheels or go with the next popular size a 20x9 with a 00 offset? I understand that combo will push the rim out towards the fender slightly? Any chances of fender rub? What are you 305/55 guys running for rim offsets? Anyone have any luck with the Daystar spacers on the air ride or any other spacer setup?
The truck is a 2020 Ivory white limited, level 1, off road group, bed utility group, body color bumper group, 3.92 gears, ram boxes and multi tailgate, etorgue 5.7
This probably doesn’t help you much but I put 285/60/20 Ridge Grapplers on my stock Longhorn wheels. They fill up the wheel wells pretty Well and the ride is still good and the increased read noise was very minimal. My truck is neither leveled nor lifted. I do have a bit of rub on full lock turns and I’ve been too lazy to trim the plastic in the wheel liners to stop the rub. But it’s really not that bad.

Attachments

• 5F9E26A6-C64A-4F5A-99B4-5A0ED8F59C22.jpeg
    5F9E26A6-C64A-4F5A-99B4-5A0ED8F59C22.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 78
  • D80AA1E1-0EB5-4F89-83DF-164BACA8B864.jpeg
    D80AA1E1-0EB5-4F89-83DF-164BACA8B864.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread