5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just swapped out my dash speakers for Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx....WOO_HOO!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing with a real headliner speakers. But I can’t seem to pry grills off the Riverhead lighter. Any suggestions on how to do that? At least without causing any damage. I have a limited with the HK system.
What's a Riverhead lighter? In case you're asking about the rear speakers in the headliner (gotta love auto-correct), they pry off. It helps to have a good trim removal tool when working on interiors, and is worth the money even for occasional interior work.

Jawzz

Reaction score
What's a Riverhead lighter? In case you're asking about the rear speakers in the headliner (gotta love auto-correct), they pry off. It helps to have a good trim removal tool when working on interiors, and is worth the money even for occasional interior work.
Yeah damn you autocorrect! Lol
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nibis

Reaction score
If any of you guys need adaptors..I still have 2 extra that Crutchfield sent me...I've already replaced my speakers and don't plan on doing the doors anytime soon.
Dash and door adapters are different

Nibis

Reaction score
You are correct..they sent extras of both by mistake.
I wonder what the difference is with the JBL in the center.. I wanted all of my speakers to be the same, so they matched in the quality of tone. I'm pretty happy with the system now, except I need a real sub, I have had the same sub box in my cars since 1995, I miss it !

Last edited:

Yamie700

Reaction score
I wanted to add my feedback, I just installed the Infinity Reference 3032 in the dash and center locations. I have a 2020 Limited with the Harmon Kardon system. I'd say it was a worthwhile upgrade. It sounds crisper and I feel like the bass from the other speakers is actually improved, not quite as muffled as before. Before the upgrade my normal listening volume was around 10, after its more around 12-13. Probably due to the different ohm rating on the 3032 vs stock.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
20200622_134648.jpg

at 4 ohm was too bright, threw out the balance of the system. Soldered in a 3.9 ohm resistor, the sound is much much better. Super happy.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I was reading in another thread where a user replaced his in the HK system and they were not quite as loud as the factory speakers, but sounded better.

Did you use a resistor on the center speaker as well?

25 watt 3.9 ohm?

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was reading in another thread where a user replaced his in the HK system and they were not quite as loud as the factory speakers, but sounded better.

Did you use a resistor on the center speaker as well?

25 watt 3.9 ohm?
My big horn doesnt equipped with the center dash. Just the two on the sides, 3.9 Ohm 10 Watt (10W) 5% Ceramic Cement was used. Factory dash came with 8ohm speakers, the replacement was 4ohm hence the piercing loud highs that overshadow the rest of the speakers, threw out the balance of the entire system (front/rear doors speakers). By adding this 3.9 ohm resistor, youre bringing back the balanced volume. You can get away with not doing this by adjust the highs on EQ to low ...and fade back the balance of the system toward the rear of the truck.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Must be different with the HK system. I swapped out my dash speakers with the HAT Legatia dash speakers (89dB sensitvity / 4 ohms) and they were significantly lower in volume. I tried one in just the left speaker and left the factory speaker on the right, it was clear the factory sounded better in the case of using these speakers. The Infinity dash speakers are 91dB and 3ohm, so maybe that will make a difference. I dunno... I've ordered the 3032 dash speakers and will see how it stacks up to the factory speakers. I may try the JL Audio C2's as well to see how they sound.

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
Must be different with the HK system. I swapped out my dash speakers with the HAT Legatia dash speakers (89dB sensitvity / 4 ohms) and they were significantly lower in volume. I tried one in just the left speaker and left the factory speaker on the right, it was clear the factory sounded better in the case of using these speakers. The Infinity dash speakers are 91dB and 3ohm, so maybe that will make a difference. I dunno... I've ordered the 3032 dash speakers and will see how it stacks up to the factory speakers. I may try the JL Audio C2's as well to see how they sound.
Good luck ! Let us know how it works after you done .

Users who are viewing this thread