5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just swapped out my dash speakers for Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx....WOO_HOO!!

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'll have an extra speaker after buying two sets as well. I thought you two were going to work out a deal so I bought two sets too. Mine are scratch and dent though, so they were $10 per set less. Maybe someone will hit me up and buy the other speaker for a reduced price LOL
hey..I'll buy the single one. Never did the center speaker, so I can use it.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Quick question for this thread: when I go to the Crutchfield website and add the Infinity speakers to my cart, I get a warning message that pops up stating "Replacing the low impedance factory speaker with a 4-ohm aftermarket speaker will result in lower volume levels." Are you all experiencing this in the real world, or is this just a corporate PSA.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Quick question for this thread: when I go to the Crutchfield website and add the Infinity speakers to my cart, I get a warning message that pops up stating "Replacing the low impedance factory speaker with a 4-ohm aftermarket speaker will result in lower volume levels." Are you all experiencing this in the real world, or is this just a corporate PSA.
Corp PSA.

Nibis

Reaction score
The Infinity is 3 ohm, not a noticeable difference

Nibis

Reaction score
I'm in the market for one Infinity dash speaker if anyone has an extra

NHjake98

Reaction score
I installed the PC about 3 months ago with no issues at all. I run it in Sport mode and I love it!!. I also changed out my corner dash speaks with the Infinity reference and yeah, much more clarity.

NHjake98

Reaction score
Crutchfield sends adapters and vehicle specific instructions on just about all their products. With their tech support, it's worth an extra couple bucks over amazon.
Yeah, I agree. I bought mine through Amazon to save some $$$$ and they sent me the wrong connectors so I had to splice them in. Crutchfield is worth the extra dinero.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it's because of impedance or just the speaker tuning, but it is a touch less loud - I'd say about 2-3 clicks on the volume knob. I did a frequency response dB test sweep before and after putting the Infinity in the dash, and had to bump the mid EQ to +4 to help level it out.

Brockb10

Reaction score
New to speakers but saw this thread and figured why not based on everyone’s reviews and the price point.

When I go to Crutchfield and sort for the dash corner speakers for the Ram the REF-3032s come up as an option but for the center speaker when I select center dash as the location it only lists 3 speakers options at a higher price point ($199+).

Based on what I’m reading on here I can just order 2 pairs of the 3032’s and they’ll work in the center dash as well? Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, just want to be sure before I purchase.

I have a Laramie with the Alpine system

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to speakers but saw this thread and figured why not based on everyone’s reviews and the price point.

When I go to Crutchfield and sort for the dash corner speakers for the Ram the REF-3032s come up as an option but for the center speaker when I select center dash as the location it only lists 3 speakers options at a higher price point ($199+).

Based on what I’m reading on here I can just order 2 pairs of the 3032’s and they’ll work in the center dash as well? Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, just want to be sure before I purchase.

Yes, they will work as many here have installed them. Not to worry.

Nibis

Reaction score

OldMarine is correct, and get them through Amazon, they are cheaper, you will still need to get the Metra adapters from Crutchfield

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
OldMarine is correct, and get them through Amazon, they are cheaper, you will still need to get the Metra adapters from Crutchfield
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, but one thing I don't buy from them anymore is speakers. Too many bad experiences. From damaged or missing pieces and shredded packaging, to speakers that just don't work. Sure, you can return them, but there's no guarantee that what you get in exchange will be any better. The problem is their return policy, and the fact that they don't inspect what people return. And then you'll have to buy any adapters you'll need, or splice into factory wiring. I'm willing to pay slightly more and buy items like this from Crutchfield because I know it will be packaged well, the product will be in excellent condition, and I'll get everything I need for the installation (adapters, instructions, and phone support). Even if you buy from their scratch and dent or open box buying options. To me it's not worth the small amount of money you save.

Nibis

Reaction score
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, but one thing I don't buy from them anymore is speakers. Too many bad experiences. From damaged or missing pieces and shredded packaging, to speakers that just don't work. Sure, you can return them, but there's no guarantee that what you get in exchange will be any better. The problem is their return policy, and the fact that they don't inspect what people return. And then you'll have to buy any adapters you'll need, or splice into factory wiring. I'm willing to pay slightly more and buy items like this from Crutchfield because I know it will be packaged well, the product will be in excellent condition, and I'll get everything I need for the installation (adapters, instructions, and phone support). Even if you buy from their scratch and dent or open box buying options. To me it's not worth the small amount of money you save.
All the speakers I have bought, have come from 3rd party vendors, and have had no issues so far.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
All the speakers I have bought, have come from 3rd party vendors, and have had no issues so far.
That's great for you. I'm just sharing what I've experienced. I did a little bit of checking for these speakers, so lets do the math...
Amazon is asking $79.99 per pair. Free shipping if you have a Prime account. You don't get any adapters so you'll need to pay $7.99 for those from Crutchfield, and pay $7.99 for shipping. Your total would be $95.97 plus any applicable sales tax.
Crutchfield's regular price is 89.99 per pair. But I bought from the scratch and dent option and got them for $79.47 per pair, and got the adapters for free. And since I spent over $35 I got free shipping. So my total was $79.47 plus applicable sales tax. Seems to me like the Crutchfield deal is better in the end. Even if I'd have paid full price for them my total would have been $89.99 plus sales tax. Amazon isn't always cheaper. But it can pay to shop around.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crutchfield is awesome....very good service, and quality product. I buy some stuff from Amazon, and have nothing against them, but I feel good about supporting a company like Crutchfield. We NEED to keep these types of co's around. If we don't we''ll be buying EVERYTHING from Amazon pretty soon.

Trendybull

Reaction score
Anyone able to report the difference between swapping these speakers out front with the h/K's and if it's worth it

Jawzz

Reaction score
Well maybe. I literally ordered 2 sets about 2 hours after you. But .... I could buy your extra off you to replace the speakers in the rear headliner ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking of doing the same thing with a real headliner speakers. But I can’t seem to pry grills off the Riverhead lighter. Any suggestions on how to do that? At least without causing any damage. I have a limited with the HK system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/