5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold to Vroom...

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I saw you on the Durango forum... answering a towing question a month ago. (y)

Wifey is liking the Durango awd with regular hemi as opposed to "Tow-N-Go" or SRT. Decisions decisions...:unsure:

Haha yep I’m over there. I traded one 5.7L Hemi for another.

Durango was a good vehicle, shares it’s chassis with the previous gen GL-Class. I went with Ram for better towing and a bigger interior.

20ADBE3E-AFA9-4186-9A30-59A18F82083D.jpeg
738932DE-9249-4F0E-8547-81CE222B4CD4.jpeg
A45FA005-AC08-41E8-9DA1-AE2C162A2FF2.png

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So you had the power just not as “stable” on the road? How big of a trailer?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you had the power just not as “stable” on the road? How big of a trailer?

Yes the Durango never felt short on power with the 5.7L and 8HP70, even with its tall 3.09 axle ratio.

Durango was stable in good weather, it was iffy with wind and passing semi’s on the highway. It actually only weighed 300 lbs less than my Ram (5,400 lbs vs 5,700 lbs).

The Ram’s extra 2 feet of wheelbase and 4” of track width make a huge difference in stability. Add in the 33 gal tank (vs 24.6g), longer side mirrors, BSM trailer, larger brakes, air suspension, etc. and the whole towing experience is much improved with Ram.

My camper is 31’2” long, 5,209 lbs dry and 7,000 lb GVWR

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes the Durango never felt short on power with the 5.7L and 8HP70, even with its tall 3.09 axle ratio.

Durango was stable in good weather, it was iffy with wind and passing semi’s on the highway. It actually only weighed 300 lbs less than my Ram (5,400 lbs vs 5,700 lbs).

The Ram’s extra 2 feet of wheelbase and 4” of track width make a huge difference in stability. Add in the 33 gal tank (vs 24.6g), longer side mirrors, BSM trailer, larger brakes, air suspension, etc. and the whole towing experience is much improved with Ram.

Thanks for the info. I noted that the D was a heavy little piggie and yes, a shorter wheelbase too.
We've been tossing around getting a 20-22' TT or hard-sided hybrid so I think the hemi D will do ok. Are they body on frame as far as the wdh attachment?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I noted that the D was a heavy little piggie and yes, a shorter wheelbase too.
We've been tossing around getting a 20-22' TT or hard-sided hybrid so I think the hemi D will do ok. Are they body on frame as far as the wdh attachment?

A 20-22’ should be perfectly fine. The Durango is unibody.

Be sure to get the optional tow package. It comes with upgraded engine cooling.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For Sh*ts and Giggles I put my 21 Laramie CC for a Quote on Vroom.
They offered me $54K. Which is less than I still owe on the Note. My
MSRP was $71.1K. I have added a Leer Model 122 Cap $3500, Bed
Rug $400, Pocket Fender Flares $250, and a DU-HA locking Storage $300.

I believe they think I am Stupid or something.

Malodave

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Malodave
They dont care about aftermarket mods and won't give you any added value. Also depends on your area what kind of value you'll get. My 2wd 21 Laramie CC is getting me ~$52k here in Florida and I paid $45k for it in December. I have way less options than yours(Sport and L1 group)

Fuzznutz

Reaction score

Malodave
All fine until somebody Giggles and $hits!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They dont care about aftermarket mods and won't give you any added value. Also depends on your area what kind of value you'll get. My 2wd 21 Laramie CC is getting me ~$52k here in Florida and I paid $45k for it in December. I have way less options than yours(Sport and L1 group)

Yeah I've never heard of people getting money for their mods on trade in...Got to take all of that back off and sell it!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Malodave
$71.1k MSRP on a Laramie? I'm sure you had your reasons for getting the Laramie, but why didn't you just step up to the Limited? My fully-loaded Limited was just about $2k more than that. The difference in interior materials alone are worth the price difference for me. I'm assuming you either don't want the auto steps or the air suspension? Or maybe the 12 inch display bothers you?

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$71.1k MSRP on a Laramie? I'm sure you had your reasons for getting the Laramie, but why didn't you just step up to the Limited? My fully-loaded Limited was just about $2k more than that. The difference in interior materials alone are worth the price difference for me. I'm assuming you either don't want the auto steps or the air suspension? Or maybe the 12 inch display bothers you?

I did not like the Limited Grill, extra Stitching in the Seats, Wood Trim. ETC. The
Major Options I did not get are the Pano Sunroof, MFT, Ramboxes, or the new
Technology Group. See Signature for full build. Anything on a Dealers lot that
was at the same price point, only had 14 of the 26 options I wanted, plus the other
options I did not want.

The other reason I got the Laramie is that the Tags are assessed by the Base Price
of the Vehicle. There is No Sales Tax or Income Tax here in NH. That will save me a
couple of hundred per year for the life of the Truck.

Malodave

lkjk

Reaction score
I did not like the Limited Grill, extra Stitching in the Seats, Wood Trim. ETC. The
was at the same price point, only had 14 of the 26 options I wanted, plus the other
options I did not want.

The other reason I got the Laramie is that the Tags are assessed by the Base Price
of the Vehicle. There is No Sales Tax or Income Tax here in NH. That will save me a

Malodave
Off topic....you have a 72 gallon Aux tank? You've gotta be pretty close to payload empty with the tank and the ecodiesel!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Off topic....you have a 72 gallon Aux tank? You've gotta be pretty close to payload empty with the tank and the ecodiesel!

It still needs to be welded up. It is usually just me when I travel anyway. I
have been working on an Overhead Switch Panel right now. See this Thread:

Malodave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
options I did not want.

Malodave
Fair enough, thanks for answering. Curiosity got the better of me. Sounds like you have a nice Laramie.

lkjk

Reaction score
It still needs to be welded up. It is usually just me when I travel anyway. I
have been working on an Overhead Switch Panel right now. See this Thread:

Malodave
Doing it yourself? Just an aluminum box?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doing it yourself? Just an aluminum box?
It is 3003 Brite Aluminum Tread Plate. The Sheet was 60"x 120".
The Dimensions are 60" wide x 20" Tall x 14.5" deep. My friend
is a Welder and will be doing the Welding. Usually costs me a
case of beer or two. I have already picked up two tubes of filler rod
for him to use.

On my 2008 Big Horn, I converted the bottom 8" of the Bed Tool Box
to an Aux Fuel Tank. This held 36 Gallons with a 26 Gallon Main Tank.
I would get about 950 miles of range with the Hemi.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fair enough, thanks for answering. Curiosity got the better of me. Sounds like you have a nice Laramie.
I've been loving it. Some small things I would have liked from the Limited would be the Projector
LED Headlights and the Rear Ventilated seats. But I am fine with what I have, other than adding all my
personalized Mods to make it mine.

I have even made mods to the KR2S aircraft that I am in the Process of building.

Malodave

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Now you need a Helwig sway bar.

Users who are viewing this thread