5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just sold my 2020...a bit sad

oejlm01

Reaction score
I just sold my 20 Laramie. If anyone is considering selling it is certainly a sellers market. I owned it a year and sold for 6k more than I gave for it. Never before have I bought a new vehicle and sold it a year later for a profit. Really liked the truck but have 2 other vehicles to drive so I am gambling on the market stabilizing later this year and hope to buy a 21 or 22 for near what I sold the 20 for.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I keep reading how peeps made money when selling, I "only" lost about $6K on mine but whatever, it's down the road.

I think you did well, even though new prices have risen close 8 - 10%, you get the benefit of newer tech, fixes from previously reported issues (unless you buy a1st year like the new Tundra or Ford). If you stick with RAM, the AC issue and rear window surround cracking should be fixed now, and ET probably is more reliable than the 2019 models. If the MFT is attractive you can get that as well.

I'm guessing but I don't think this supply issue will be resolved until the 2023's come out.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing but I don't think this supply issue will be resolved until the 2023's come out.
Looking at the trade magazines, I think you're probably right. It's being reported that some electronic manufacturers that make components where there's no competition are raising prices to boot.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052243 miles.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's how the law of supply and demand works.

I've heard stories from a source at Intel that says this chip shortage could last closer to 4 years. I Hope that's not the case but like they say, "hope is not a plan".

Users who are viewing this thread