5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JUST RELEASED! UPDATE THE NAVIGATION

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got an email that there's a map update for uconnect 12"..... finally

Screenshot_20211118-130804_Gmail.jpg

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I usually wait until the third yr to update maps. Then it seems like financial sense. Howeve, Kia recently started giving away updated maps for FREE! Just updated my wife’s kia mini van. All I needed was an SD card with 32 mg of memory. talk About building loyalty!

vincentw56

Reaction score
I clicked on the link and it errors out.

BowDown

Reaction score
I didn't click on the link, at work but there's no way I'm paying $1 for a map update, that S should be free

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually wait until the third yr to update maps. Then it seems like financial sense. Howeve, Kia recently started giving away updated maps for FREE! Just updated my wife’s kia mini van. All I needed was an SD card with 32 mg of memory. talk About building loyalty!
Our Honda (bought in 2017) came with 5 years of map updates....

bskubon

Reaction score
Agree, should be free while under main warranty. IMO, $149 is simply to high a price. Would consider if like $49 or less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why waste your money to update a ****ty system? Use the maps on your phone and plug in with USB. Those maps update for free, and regularly, and the phones navigation is 100x better than the factory Nav system.

stronbl

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is an over-the-air update or is it a dvd disk that has to be inserted and read? Anyone done the upgrade yet? I'm considering it as there are quite a few newer existing roads in my area that do not appear in the current system I have (July 2020 build). I also use Apple Car play so maybe I'll just stick with it. Still on the fence.

Thanks !

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I got the email today, so we got to pay for it?

I guess I keep using Google Maps on my Android Auto, but hey, at least I got the shiny black bezel for the 8.4" screen with my Navi purchase right :)

To be honest, that shiny black bezel makes my poverty spec 8.4" screen look bigger, which means more to me than the factory navigation.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, nooooo

Scram1500

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO:What are they thinking charging money for this? I used Android Auto a couple times on my non-nav 8.4 and Waze popped up as well as Google maps, both are free and constantly updated

Maple

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is an over-the-air update or is it a dvd disk that has to be inserted and read? Anyone done the upgrade yet? I'm considering it as there are quite a few newer existing roads in my area that do not appear in the current system I have (July 2020 build). I also use Apple Car play so maybe I'll just stick with it. Still on the fence.

Thanks !
They ship you a USB stick.

Users who are viewing this thread