5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received email - “$50.00 Gift Card With Ram 1500 Test Drive”

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
If anyone has tried it, let us know how hard it is to get out the door with the card, not sure if the salesman will give up the card without a sale... 82F4C8AE-6349-4463-BEC2-6E16708712CB.jpeg

jk101

Reaction score
**** pops up every time I visit a local online dealer site...

Last edited:

16RamHemi

Reaction score
I got the same thing. Havent been in to drive one yet. From what i read, you have to drive one and then (with the salesman) register for it. Then you get an email to get the voucher. So you dont actually get the card from the salesman. They just need to help you register. Im sure any salesman will not be too happy to learn you are doing it all just to get a $50 voucher. Definitely dont say anything before test drive.

RockJock

Reaction score
There was a similar offer during the week of Thanksgiving. You could pick a $50 gift card from Amazon, Walmart, and one other store. That was very painless and easy at the dealer I went to. Print and fill out form, hand it to sales rep, go test drive. The gift card number showed up in my email within a day. I haven't been bothered at all.

Zinger

Reaction score
I got an Amazon $50 card for a test drive. The card number was immediately given to me. Expect marketing emails to follow.

rmlephiew

Reaction score
I got the same thing. Havent been in to drive one yet. From what i read, you have to drive one and then (with the salesman) register for it. Then you get an email to get the voucher. So you dont actually get the card from the salesman. They just need to help you register. Im sure any salesman will not be too happy to learn you are doing it all just to get a $50 voucher. Definitely dont say anything before test drive.

I got a little post-card type mailer in the mail back in November with the offer and the process you describe is basically how it went. It was the first one that dealer had seen so the salesman took it in to his manager to ask about it. Salesman asked if I wanted to take a test drive or if I just wanted to register for the gift card (he was okay with that too). I told him "both" and the sales manager entered my information in while I went on a test drive. Before I left the dealership I had an email telling me how to claim the e-gift card. It worked - used it that night for dinner! :)

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im sure any salesman will not be too happy to learn you are doing it all just to get a $50 voucher. Definitely dont say anything before test drive.

Most will be very happy to have you in the showroom. they do not care one way or another about the gift card. FCA is giving it out not the dealership.

wife and i test drive cars all the time, extra bonus if a financial incentive is given. weather permitting we will test drive a new RAM and enjoy a tasty evening meal at BWW.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this a few weeks ago in the mail. Pulled up to my dealer in my 2019. My salesman no longer works there but they immediately filled it out and I got the gift card - no test drive.

Last edited:

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this a few weeks ago in the mail. Pulled up to my dealer in my 2019. My salesman no longer works there but they immediately filled it out and I got the gift card - no test drive.
I got mine that way too!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online