5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just purchased

seeks38

Reaction score
I'm leaving my amazing 2016 sport all done up to a new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport white. Looking for a little advice:
I have till tomorrow if I should buy the lifetime warranty rust undercoat - should I?
Also, I am looking for a simple OEM black or similar wheel flares - any suggestions
Finally, I want to take off the automatic step up bar and put on a black step up bar - any suggestions.

Glad I found this website, hopefully I can get some help!!!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Undercoat...Depends on where you live/drive, in the salt belt, I would go for it depending on price. Around here, no need.
OE Style Flares...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-19-20-Dodge-Ram-1500-OE-Style-Smooth-Matte-Black-Fender-Flares-4PCS/283752603307?epid=23036279761&hash=item4210f91eab:g:n3UAAOSwLGBeJ7DE
Step Bars...RAM/Mopars or the Tyger Blade look the best to me.

Good luck and enjoy your new truck, the search feature on the site works very well, plenty of info on here on just about anything you want to know about your new truck.

seeks38

Reaction score
Undercoat...Depends on where you live/drive, in the salt belt, I would go for it depending on price. Around here, no need.
OE Style Flares...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-19-20-Dodge-Ram-1500-OE-Style-Smooth-Matte-Black-Fender-Flares-4PCS/283752603307?epid=23036279761&hash=item4210f91eab:g:n3UAAOSwLGBeJ7DE
Step Bars...RAM/Mopars or the Tyger Blade look the best to me.

Good luck and enjoy your new truck, the search feature on the site works very well, plenty of info on here on just about anything you want to know about your new truck.
Amazing response time, but I'm not sure they will fit the 2020 Sport trim as it is not listed, but those are exactly what I'm looking for.

STR

Reaction score
No, on the undercoat. You only had the ‘16 for 4’ish years. You’ll probably have this one about that long. Yeah, I know... I do the same, but I’m talking about reality. Every time a buy a new vehicle, everyone says, “How long you keep’n this one?”. My, “A long time,” response is usually met w/laughter. Flares and step bars? Too many to list... Good luck w/your new truck (y)

Snapper123

Reaction score
In regards to undercoating, their is a company called fluid film that makes a rust preventable material that is simply sprayed over any metal surface or plastic surface. I have used it for many years and I spray it on the undercarriage in the fall of the year. Simply pressure wash the undercarriage and let dry for a day or so and then spray it on everything under the truck except to exhaust system. Their are several videos on YouTube to review the product. You can do it yourself if you are able to lay on the ground. Wear a mask while applying. The cheapest place to purchase is Amazon. 1 gallon in spray gun will do several cars. New or old. It’s a fraction of the price of commercial undercoating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I'm leaving my amazing 2016 sport all done up to a new 2020 Ram 1500 Sport white. Looking for a little advice:
I have till tomorrow if I should buy the lifetime warranty rust undercoat - should I?
Also, I am looking for a simple OEM black or similar wheel flares - any suggestions
Finally, I want to take off the automatic step up bar and put on a black step up bar - any suggestions.

Glad I found this website, hopefully I can get some help!!!
where are you located? I would take those automatic step and can give you my laramie step + cash or maple syrup if you want! And yes Im in Canada

Paultg

Reaction score
In regards to undercoating, their is a company called fluid film that makes a rust preventable material that is simply sprayed over any metal surface or plastic surface. I have used it for many years and I spray it on the undercarriage in the fall of the year. Simply pressure wash the undercarriage and let dry for a day or so and then spray it on everything under the truck except to exhaust system. Their are several videos on YouTube to review the product. You can do it yourself if you are able to lay on the ground. Wear a mask while applying. The cheapest place to purchase is Amazon. 1 gallon in spray gun will do several cars. New or old. It’s a fraction of the price of commercial undercoating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in NH where they are based. Really considering it for my new truck. I’ve never done it. Many of my other 8-10 year old cars are in pretty good shape. I don’t drive every day and I try to undercarriage wash them a few times each winter. It’s sort of why I’m 50/50 on bothering with it.

Users who are viewing this thread