5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just placed a factory order for my first Ram (and first full size truck)

JBV

Reaction score
i almost can't believe i pulled the trigger. this will be by far the most expensive, largest vehicle i've ever owned! i didn't really anticipate it but in the last year or so the stars started to align and all pointed at the Ram 1500 as being the most desirable, most practical truck for my needs. i've had a 2008 Nissan Frontier that's been a fantastic and rock solid truck since 09 and still going strong. but the lure of a full size with all the comforts and features of a modern truck.... so hard to pass up on. the new Rams are gorgeous inside and out and once i drove one, holy smokes. the ride and refinement is incredible. the hemi makes the Fronty engine sound and feel like an old lawnmower.

mine will be unique around here. never seen an olive green one. Bighorn, crew, long box. off road pkg, level 1 group. blk/frost beige cloth. love the features of the off road pkg, love that i can get this truck without a sunroof and spec it exactly how i want. probably a couple months off, so the anticipation is going to build and build.

my biggest worry is durability, and reliability. i own a very simple low tech truck that is built like a tank. getting a new high tech wonder from a brand that has some hit and miss from what i've read here is intimidating. i spoke with the service manager (i knew him from my Nissan dealership years ago) and asked him to give it to me straight and he said that most the issues were minor and in the first year. i've read about most of them here. seems to me many of the issues are in the highest trim models as well with all the features and sunroofs.

anyways, if the truck is as much of a joy to live with as i read here i can live with a few imperfections. can't wait.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the Chip Shortage, I tried to rebuild my Truck. Could not do it on the Build a RAM website.
The Level 1 and Level 2 packages only say A and B now with only one item listed.

Malodave

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i almost can't believe i pulled the trigger. this will be by far the most expensive, largest vehicle i've ever owned! i didn't really anticipate it but in the last year or so the stars started to align and all pointed at the Ram 1500 as being the most desirable, most practical truck for my needs. i've had a 2008 Nissan Frontier that's been a fantastic and rock solid truck since 09 and still going strong. but the lure of a full size with all the comforts and features of a modern truck.... so hard to pass up on. the new Rams are gorgeous inside and out and once i drove one, holy smokes. the ride and refinement is incredible. the hemi makes the Fronty engine sound and feel like an old lawnmower.

mine will be unique around here. never seen an olive green one. Bighorn, crew, long box. off road pkg, level 1 group. blk/frost beige cloth. love the features of the off road pkg, love that i can get this truck without a sunroof and spec it exactly how i want. probably a couple months off, so the anticipation is going to build and build.

my biggest worry is durability, and reliability. i own a very simple low tech truck that is built like a tank. getting a new high tech wonder from a brand that has some hit and miss from what i've read here is intimidating. i spoke with the service manager (i knew him from my Nissan dealership years ago) and asked him to give it to me straight and he said that most the issues were minor and in the first year. i've read about most of them here. seems to me many of the issues are in the highest trim models as well with all the features and sunroofs.

anyways, if the truck is as much of a joy to live with as i read here i can live with a few imperfections. can't wait.
Make sure to populate your sig block so folks know what you have and can track your order dates. Helps with comiseration 😎👍🏻🇺🇸

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best of luck with the order. I was in the same boat as you "this will be by far the most expensive, largest vehicle i've ever owned! i didn't really anticipate it but in the last year or so the stars started to align and all pointed at the Ram 1500 as being the most desirable, most practical truck for my needs" along with "my biggest worry is durability".

Instant attraction for the Ram as soon as I entered the cab (was shopping Fords), May will be 2 1/2 years of ownership. So happpppppppppy I treated myself with my sons' inheritance.
Wish you the same satisfaction. Keep us posted.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . I hope your new truck will treat you as well as your Frontier .

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new ride. Here is where you can go to commiserate with others learning patience tracking their truck orders.

JBV

Reaction score
they did mention something about the chip issue, but i was led to believe it wouldn't impact my order. naturally!

funny question that i can't seem to figure out anywhere, including the dealership. (and they are very reputable), but you know, sales people don't always have all answers. i'm wondering if my truck with the bench seat will have a CD player anywhere? i've seen some videos and pictures where there is none, an i've seen them flip up the middle seat and it's tucked away underneath. it's a big mystery so far.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Ha! Driving my second Frontier now while I wait for my Ram to be built. Retired my first Frontier at 280k miles and got my current one with 160k. That is with only brakes, tires, spark plugs and one bearing in the idler pulley. Oh yea a little road rub but rubbing is just driving in the DC area. Hope the Ramdoes the same.

JBV

Reaction score
still love the Frontier and i'm not a princess, but i gotta say, getting into a new Ram is something else. you feel like a king. nicer than my best buddy's 7 series BMW. we moved recently and i'll be spending more time on the hwy than at any time in my life. reason number 327 on the list of rationale for the new truck. it's going to be so sweet. my wife was asking if all the alarms are going to be in Sam Elliot voice overs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online