5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered Rebel 12...wait time?

Tungs10

Reaction score
Fell in love with the loaded rebel 12 except I can’t order one with luxury features... leather seats, etc. specifically the rebel 12 package az5 is unable to be selected by fleet manager. I’d drop my cash today if I could order one. Does anyone know if this was a delay or if window of opportunity closed. Anyone with ability to order one hit me up.

Paulny

Reaction score
I was successful in ordering mine 11/3 (actual order went in 11/5 I believe). However, my local dealer said that he tried to order one this past Thursday and ordering was closed. Not sure what day this past week it happened, but luckily I got my order in just in time.

The sales manager told me that he thinks it could be a regional thing, but believes the ability to order one will once again ramp up at some point but had no idea when. So, hopefully this is a short temporary delay for you and others who want to order. @19Jake may have some insight as I believe it could be a parts shortage right now.

Tropez

Reaction score
That's interesting! My order successfully went through a week ago from today, and ordering in general has been available for the 12 since Oct. 15th. Therefore, either there has been an overwhelming number of orders and they need to "catch up", or your dealer is not telling you the correct information. Not saying he/she is lying to you, but rather I would maybe call a different dealer close to you to verify? It just seems odd that less than a month after ordering would become available, the 12 package would suddenly not be available to order. Really interested to see if others chime in who may try to order and are denied.

The manager at the dealership I'm working with, a friend of the family, says this happens often.

FCA just shuts down random options for a week or so at a time to force dealers to "mix it up." If you saw the Rebel 12 package there every time, why not order it? I guess this way they force the dealers ordering a bunch of trucks to mix up the configs. I had the same issue with the Rebel 12 a month or so ago when I went to order, it was back in the system the following week and we ordered then.

robe2388

Reaction score
The manager at the dealership I'm working with, a friend of the family, says this happens often.

FCA just shuts down random options for a week or so at a time to force dealers to "mix it up." If you saw the Rebel 12 package there every time, why not order it? I guess this way they force the dealers ordering a bunch of trucks to mix up the configs. I had the same issue with the Rebel 12 a month or so ago when I went to order, it was back in the system the following week and we ordered then.
This is probably true, I couldn’t order a Red Rebel 12 as that color options was disabled.

Tungs10

Reaction score
I wonder how often I should bother calling to see if I can build it. If it goes on too long I'll just invest in my 2013 and ride it out another year.

halla

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, northern Ohio. Our dealer called the FCA rep and was told it could be off the order cycle for up to 60 days. I guess they stated there is a shortage on the 12" radio, with limited orders and now the Rebel 12. They are going to keep checking, but this is BS. I want to order a fully loaded Rebel 12 and they are telling me to order a lower cost model, doesnt make sense that a company is doing this.

RueferChi

Reaction score
Same here in Chicago suburbs. I want to order a fully-loaded Rebel 12 and am stuck in a holding pattern. Dealer is checking daily for me, I'll let you guys know once I get the green light.

halla

Reaction score
My dealer keeps checking, still no ability to order the Loaded 12 package. This seems so odd to me that this is happening when they are continuing to run advertisements and articles on that package.

19Jake

Reaction score
My dealer keeps checking, still no ability to order the Loaded 12 package. This seems so odd to me that this is happening when they are continuing to run advertisements and articles on that package.
12" screen constraints @Panasonic
00p0p_9xNMWTL6CGn_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Tungs10

Reaction score
Exactly. Plus they all chat like this is how it is. Soon I’ll just stick with my 2013 sport and move on from the idea. I’m mostly after the leather seats

harleyrae

Reaction score
I purchased a Rebel (not 12) in Nov. Absolutely Love it! Hubby loves mine but wants the Rebel 12 for the 12" Radio and the leather seats along with the air suspension and sunroof. Can not order as of yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread