5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered Rebel 12...wait time?

Paulny

Reaction score
Hello all, just ordered a Rebel 12 loaded with every available option, including the 33 gallon tank. Granite crystal monotone. For those that ordered a 12, has there been any delays? I’m wondering since I also ordered the ram boxes. Thanks for any updates.

bsmith144

Reaction score
According to my dealer Rebel 12 did not become available until 10-15 to order so no one is real sure on wait times yet. I did seem to 7-10 days longer for me to hit D1 compared to others who had Limited/Laramie/Bighorn orders. My build, order date, and updates are posted in my signature.

robe2388

Reaction score
I ordered 10-18 and checked yesterday with the RAM chat people, I was told all parts needed were already received and the build should begin soon.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I ordered 10-18 and checked yesterday with the RAM chat people, I was told all parts needed were already received and the build should begin soon.
I ordered 10-29 and checked yesterday and was told the same status. Rebel 12 and Ramboxes for reference.

Tropez

Reaction score
REBEL 12 ordered Oct 31 - 1C6SRFLT5KN728417 - D2 status
waiting on interior components
SHAP build rate 570 per 10hr shift

I don't see a D2 listing as a valid status, just a D and a D1. Where are you getting this info?

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.

D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.

I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

I have only used the online chat session once to check on my build so far. Will that person/robot tell you the “letter” code status? I’m in Africa for work until mid December so not convenient to call my dealer but hoping it will be delivered by the time I get home....maybe wishful thinking.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I have only used the online chat session once to check on my build so far. Will that person/robot tell you the “letter” code status? I’m in Africa for work until mid December so not convenient to call my dealer but hoping it will be delivered by the time I get home....maybe wishful thinking.
Yes you just have to ask the status code if they don't tell you.

th3duke

Reaction score
Man I envy you guys - they're still not available in Canada for ordering.

bsmith144

Reaction score
D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.

D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.

I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
Post up some pics when you get yours. Would help ease the wait time for the rest of us! LOL

th3duke

Reaction score
Rebel 12 ordered Ontario/Oct 31...VIN/D status same day

Nice! My dealer was telling me it wasn't available, so I just purchased a loaded Rebel off the lot - this was on Oct 23rd. . I should I have been more patient and waited a month...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man I envy you guys - they're still not available in Canada for ordering.

I ordered my normal Rebel on Nov 6th and the option for the 12 was there. I didn't want it though. I am from ON, Canada.

th3duke

Reaction score
I'm still very happy with the regular 8.4 and Alpine system - it sounds very nice, but the trim of the 12 is definitely a step above with the leather.

KauaiYoshi

Reaction score
Great forum and glad I found you guys.
I ordered my Rebel on 10/18 called my dealer yesterday to ask for VIN or VON, they couldn't provide either but assured me the vehicle is being built not sure why they couldn't provide the information but I am all the way out in Hawaii so my wait time will be much longer than all yours.

Also when I ordered they were unable to add e-torque said it wasn't available, but I got it with every option except tube steps.

Looking forward to seeing all your trucks and by the time mine gets to me my soon to be Son will be maybe 4 months old...My wife is due in less than a week!

T_Strey5

Reaction score
Just talked to a dealer yesterday about ordering a Rebel 12 and was told ordering is closed right now for that package. Anyone else have this issue?

Paulny

Reaction score
Just talked to a dealer yesterday about ordering a Rebel 12 and was told ordering is closed right now for that package. Anyone else have this issue?

That's interesting! My order successfully went through a week ago from today, and ordering in general has been available for the 12 since Oct. 15th. Therefore, either there has been an overwhelming number of orders and they need to "catch up", or your dealer is not telling you the correct information. Not saying he/she is lying to you, but rather I would maybe call a different dealer close to you to verify? It just seems odd that less than a month after ordering would become available, the 12 package would suddenly not be available to order. Really interested to see if others chime in who may try to order and are denied.

Paulny

Reaction score
updated POC - ships Nov 20
D9
status...interior parts hold
View attachment 7929

I just called a local dealer (not the one I ordered from) and confirmed that indeed ordering for a Rebel 12 is now closed for whatever reason. So glad I got my order in last weekend and am currently in D status. The local manager said that he believes the Rebel 12 is a limited production run and like a SRT8, or other specialty vehicle could have only a certain number of production allocations available and has reached that number, or it could be a parts allocation and ordering is on hold until more parts become available. My only fear is that hopefully this doesn't delay my build even though I have a Vin# and D status. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread