5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered first ever truck

tcw3628

Reaction score
I’m from the Corning, NY area. Just placed the order for my first ever truck on Saturday.

2019 Bighorn 4x4 6’4” box
5.7l Hemi eTorque
Patriot Blue
Sport Appearance package
Premium lighting
Trailer tow group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
E-Locker Rear Axle
9 speaker with Subwoofer
Uconnect 4c 8.4” w Nav
33 gal tank
Bighorn Level 2 equipment group
Rear wheelhouse liners
Wheel to Wheel Sidesteps

Can’t wait to get it. How do people see the status of their orders?

tcw3628

Reaction score
How long is it usually before I receive the Vin/Von?

sgk

Reaction score
How long is it usually before I receive the Vin/Von?
Many get it the next day, or within a few days from placing your order, just ask your dealer/salesperson to email it over.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome. You’ve ordered a great truck. As a note, if level 2 on the bighorn includes 360 bi3w, drop the trailer tow and get the trailer controller only.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Welcome. You’ve ordered a great truck. As a note, if level 2 on the bighorn includes 360 bi3w, drop the trailer tow and get the trailer controller only.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is 360 bi3w?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A typo...360 view....the 360 degree picture that shows up on the screen. Two of the main cameras are in the mirrors. The tow mirrors do not have the cameras, nor do the fold in with a push of a button (manual only). After originally ordering the tow package, I was able to change it to the trailer controller only, as I wanted 360 view and needed the auto fold mirrors. The factory mirrors are very nice in both size and functionality, and have concave (wide view) tips. The tow mirrors flip vertical, which is nice if you have a tall 5th wheel, but don't have the electric folding feature.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Ahhh, no the bighorn lvl 2 doesn’t have the 360 view. I think you need a higher trim for that.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m from the Corning, NY area. Just placed the order for my first ever truck on Saturday.

2019 Bighorn 4x4 6’4” box
5.7l Hemi eTorque
Patriot Blue
Sport Appearance package
Premium lighting
Trailer tow group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
E-Locker Rear Axle
9 speaker with Subwoofer
Uconnect 4c 8.4” w Nav
33 gal tank
Bighorn Level 2 equipment group
Rear wheelhouse liners
Wheel to Wheel Sidesteps

Can’t wait to get it. How do people see the status of their orders?

Welcome! Rochester area here. Congrats on the truck.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many get it the next day, or within a few days from placing your order, just ask your dealer/salesperson to email it over.

Do the VON and VIN get assigned at the same time in the process, or is the VIN later? I emailed my dealer for the VON/VIN as she said she would send me the VIN whenever it comes across her desk. She just hit "order" on Monday so I know it hasn't been too long yet, but I'd feel better once I have something to put in the ol' tracking machine.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VON should be immediate when they place the order. Kind of like when you order from Amazon and you get your order number.
VIN comes later when Ram has verified the build config and other internal checks and the order is ready to proceed to the next stage. Can be same day but usually within a few days. Ram Chat can also get you this info (based on your VON) if it's populated in their system.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VON should be immediate when they place the order. Kind of like when you order from Amazon and you get your order number.
VIN comes later when Ram has verified the build config and other internal checks and the order is ready to proceed to the next stage. Can be same day but usually within a few days. Ram Chat can also get you this info (based on your VON) if it's populated in their system.
So the VIN should come in a few days regardless? Or should I pester her for the VON now?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, pester. You should already have a VON and I'd not consider it "ordered" until they give you one. I left my dealer with a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) printout that had the VON printed on it.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, pester. You should already have a VON and I'd not consider it "ordered" until they give you one. I left my dealer with a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) printout that had the VON printed on it.
Just requested it. Thank you.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Still waiting on my VON. I ordered 7/26. Guess they can get a ETorque/Rambox Rebel into the system in Canada. Will be checking back again in a week.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They cashed my deposit, so they better have ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread