5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered AMP Powerstep

joemosfet

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just found the AMP Powerstep for the 2019 1500 on Amazon for like $220 less than anywhere else (link) so I just had to order it for myself. Seeing as the 2019s are relatively new, I'm wondering, has anybody else installed this guy and run into any issues and/or gotchas?

I'm particularly interested in the ODB2 port stuff, I have an ODB2 port splitter and I'm thinking about using it to maintain some sort of stock look, in case I want to use an additional ODB2 port accessory sometime in the future.

Thanks!

Tommym

Reaction score
Good price. Only been 2 months, no issues and I recently installed a OBD-II splitter where I trimmed some plastic to mount it in the factory mount. Happy as a clam. I watched a few Youtube videos and read some install post here before I put mine in.

joemosfet

Reaction score
Excellent, I have a spare ODB2 splitter somewhere that should work for me. How long did it take to install?

Tommym

Reaction score
If the splitter took me longer than 1 beer, I was being lazy.

Tommym

Reaction score
For the AMP Power Step install there are a bunch of Youtube videos and posts on this forum which cover that. It is what I used.
The Splitter is Plug and Play. Unplug, replug, zip tie cables out of the way. Doesn't get any simpler.

Last edited:

joemosfet

Reaction score
Yeah I watched a few, but I meant how long did the full install take you? Is this something I can do on a saturday afternoon with my pops? On jack stands?

joemosfet

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! They should be arriving tomorrow, which means I should have some time on Saturday to get them done.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
My wife and i have done 2 jeeps and a f150. It's not as hard as you think it might be, jeep was the worst [because of tapping into the wiring harness]. Read the instructions first, then have them with you and do it step by step. You'll love em.

Users who are viewing this thread