5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just noticed something interesting

Loudram

Reaction score
I'm sure this is old news to many of you but I don't usually use my high beams but this weekend while camping I did. What I noticed is when I turn my turn signal on or even turn the wheel past a certain point the fog light on the side I'm turning to turns on. That's a nice little feature. Just had to mention that.

Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess the idea is to floodlight the direction you are turning, where the long reach headlights don't shine yet. It helps a bit pulling into tight driveways at night, for example.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I noticed it the first time I drove at light.
I turned the setting off as it's distracting.

I generally drive with my fog lights on anyways, I don't like lights turning on and off.

Is a "cool" feature though.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's a nice cost effective feature, my only issue is people think you your light is out when it does it :)

Funny reading the comment on TFL when they tested the 2019 RAM Rebel during a off-road test, you can see one of the fog lights off when it was turning and so many comments about the "fog light is already out, butt it's a Dodge...."

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe it only comes on when going like 25 or under. It won't do so at highway speeds.
Definitely works going over 25. I have seen it turn on entering an on-ramp to the highway between 35-45 mph.
It depends on how far you turn your wheel is what triggers is.
You can turn your wheel back and forth on a turn and watch it turn on and off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed it the first time I drove at light.
I turned the setting off as it's distracting.

I generally drive with my fog lights on anyways, I don't like lights turning on and off.

Is a "cool" feature though.
Where is the setting at? I don't remember seeing it. And now with my aftermarket bumper, I can't really run the fog lights all the time or they blind incoming drivers when they are passing me

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely works going over 25. I have seen it turn on entering an on-ramp to the highway between 35-45 mph.
It depends on how far you turn your wheel is what triggers is.
You can turn your wheel back and forth on a turn and watch it turn on and off.
Mine o my works below 25mph. Also comes on with turn signal, even if wheel isn't turned

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Where is the setting at? I don't remember seeing it. And now with my aftermarket bumper, I can't really run the fog lights all the time or they blind incoming drivers when they are passing me
It's in the uconnect 5 menus under lighting. Not sure on UC4.
I believe it's called "adaptive lighting" or something
Turned it off and no more fog light pops ups.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hated it the first night I drove so disabled it and keep fogs on full time. Also disabled fog drop out with brights on my Tazer. Plenty of constant light for me now and no random blinking on/off.

Insanity

Reaction score
I love the feature. Although the first time I saw it happen on my Rebel in a parking lot I thought I had a defect 🤣🤣

At 430 in the morning I was startled and shrieked WTF is that in the ditch.

Users who are viewing this thread