5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed the Rolls Royce Star Headliner in my Rebel

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this like the Christmas light projectors?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Each light you see is actually a separate optic fiber cable, so i dropped the headliner and drilled 800+holes to feed each optic fiber cable through
I’m speechless. I haven’t yet decided whether you’re an artistic genius or a raving lunatic, but that is quite a project there.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Dang 800+ lights?! Sheesh! Looks good though. I’d love to see pictures of the headliner during the day with them turned off too. I’ve kinda wanted to do this but I’d have them dimmed down a ton to make it look more like a natural starry night sky. I want only white and very dim to just give a subtle classy vibe.

BADCABLE

Reaction score
Dang 800+ lights?! Sheesh! Looks good though. I’d love to see pictures of the headliner during the day with them turned off too. I’ve kinda wanted to do this but I’d have them dimmed down a ton to make it look more like a natural starry night sky. I want only white and very dim to just give a subtle classy vibe.
Ill make a video about all these questions i had that i couldnt find an answer to before i had installed in probably when i have some free time in a few weeks. I run it dimmed at night with no twinkling stars, just had it on max brightness and twinkle for the video hahah

BADCABLE

Reaction score
That is very impressive. 800 individual optic cables. Holy crap! How long did it take you to do this project!
Probably around 40 working hours, from headliner removal, sound deadning roof, 3 seat removal, drilling holes, organizing fiber strands per bundle, plotting diagram on headliner, glueing each strand, wiring for power unit and reinstalling headliner, trim and 3 seats

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ill make a video about all these questions i had that i couldnt find an answer to before i had installed in probably when i have some free time in a few weeks. I run it dimmed at night with no twinkling stars, just had it on max brightness and twinkle for the video hahah
Awesome, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread