5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed Moe's 87mm throttle body

Firebird

Reaction score
Just installed it today, only took 5 minutes and was a piece of cake. Truck drives great! It is not monster power, but it drives very well, pulls quite hard and smooth all the way to redline. It is more responsive than stock, so I had to dial my Pedal Commander back from Sport+ to just Sport.

In regards to the discussion about catch cans and oil gumming up the throttle body, below is a pic of my stock TB at 26,000 miles when I took it off a few minutes ago, it is spotless:
20200719_142030.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had one of those on my 4th gen but do not know the current size of the oem ones on our 5th gens.

STR

Reaction score
Nobody wants to purchased a mod and it not meet expectations, but I’ve installed ported TB on several vehicles... most recently on a Z06 for a more linear throttle progression. I’ve read the R&D, and have seen the charts and graphs, but honestly have only “felt” negligible improvements. In my experience w/TB, CAIs, etc., if you’re not going to tune the ECU, then performance gains are limited, and are generally a placebo effect... IMO.

popcenator

Reaction score
I'm not sure I really felt much of a difference myself. Plus, some combination of the TB, Vararam and/or the Sprint Booster turns the low speed shifts pretty sloppy, like there's some play or something. I think it may be the SB honestly. I'm going to reinstall the TB and Vararam once I get a replacement to determine for sure.

Can you guys post a picture of the engraved numbers on the 87mm TB?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Nobody wants to purchased a mod and it not meet expectations, but I’ve installed ported TB on several vehicles... most recently on a Z06 for a more linear throttle progression. I’ve read the R&D, and have seen the charts and graphs, but honestly have only “felt” negligible improvements. In my experience w/TB, CAIs, etc., if you’re not going to tune the ECU, then performance gains are limited, and are generally a placebo effect... IMO.
I'm planning on a Jay Greene tune soon, so just laying the groundwork for now

popcenator

Reaction score
I'm planning on a Jay Greene tune soon, so just laying the groundwork for now
I think I'm going to do the same. Just trying to convince myself the total package is worth the price. He helped me a ton with my '12, so I'll gladly pay for his tune again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Be sure to give your truck 200-300 miles to “learn”. I installed Vararam and Moe’s TB at the same time. Computer has to recalibrate after you disconnect you battery for the recommended time period and install TB. I do feel there was a noticeable difference although I don’t have hard data to prove that.

Users who are viewing this thread