5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Hopped Onboard

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings all from South Dakota. I am well versed (or like to think I am) in the 4th Gen Rams, but I just traded in the 2014 Longhorn for a 2020 Ram Limited.

Dealer only had it on the lot one day. Negotiated on it Monday evening. Wasn't the perfect deal, about 12% off of MSRP, but trade-in offer was fair, and I'm content. Saved me a 3-4 hour car ride to do 15% off MSRP at a different dealer, and no guarantee the trade-in offer would have been as good.

Only low-quality dealership photos for now. Will take some and upload later this week after a good car wash. (Dealership was in a hurry to get it to me, left water spots everywhere.)

First mods: Pedal Commander is sitting in the garage, awaiting install. Catch can is ordered.

The pedal commander made such a big difference on my wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee (also 5.7), that I was gung-ho about it for the 2020 Ram. However, this thing has more pep than my 2014, not sure I need the pedal commander.

I initially wanted some 18" rims with some rubber on them, probably Rebel rims, but these 22" are growing on me. However, I'm worried about the limited selection of A/T tires for them and the winter, as well as their durability on the roads out here. Am I being paranoid? None of the 20" OEM rims look as nice as these 22".

Any additional advice is welcome as well! Thank you in advance!

N2ZDc49.jpg

3dyOjhC.jpg

wqUDwGi.jpg

gparZgr.jpg

5Z9IiwF.jpg

Last edited:

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Awesome ride! Congrats!

Advice?
-Install your Pedal Commander. Lots of people here running them or some other type of throttle control module.
-Take care of your black paint from day one. I'm not sure if you have owned a black vehicle before; but it does require careful attention. Use two bucket wash method washing in horizontal strokes with dedicated wash mitt and use a high quality microfiber drying towel. I would suggest ceramic coating as well.
-Don't dwell on gas mileage.
-Formulate your own opinion on AC performance
-Read this forum often!

Welcome!

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome ride! Congrats!

Advice?
-Install your Pedal Commander. Lots of people here running them or some other type of throttle control module.
-Take care of your black paint from day one. I'm not sure if you have owned a black vehicle before; but it does require careful attention. Use two buck wash method washing in horizontal strokes with dedicated wash mitt and use a high quality microfiber drying towel. I would suggest ceramic coating as well.
-Don't dwell on gas mileage.
-Formulate your own opinion on AC performance
-Read this forum often!

Welcome!

You mean I won't be able to get Prius-like MPG? What the crap, that salesman lied! I'm returning it!

Kidding.

Thank you for the comments! I am actually in the process of getting ceramic quotes for the truck from pros around town right now.

My wife drove a 2014 Grand Cherokee in black (although Brilliant Black vs the truck's Diamond Black), and it was purchased used. We never got a ceramic coating, and she tended to take it through whichever car wash was having a sale, so lots of not touch-free car washes. The three of those factors meant we have some experience with what not to do with a black vehicle, yes.

When we bought her current 2018, even though its granite and not black, I asked her to never again go for the non-touch-free car washes. Touch free or me washing it only. It was used as well, but the previous owner took really good care of it, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I read the complaints about the A/C... I tested it on the lot before purchase. Then, and now, it seems to work fine for me, on par with my 2014 Ram before it at the very least.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats, awesome looking truck! Where in SD do you live? I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB for 4 years and lived in Rapid City, some of the best pheasant hunting and trout fishing I ever experienced. .

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, awesome looking truck! Where in SD do you live? I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB for 4 years and lived in Rapid City, some of the best pheasant hunting and trout fishing I ever experienced.

Thank you! Grew up in a small town not too far from Rapid City. My father was in National Guard unit stationed in Rapid before he retired, so we frequently made trips to Ellsworth (and they still do). I now live on the eastern side of the state though.

I always found it funny that we hunt our own state bird, but yes, lots of good pheasant and grouse hunting over there. Good white tail country too, and more recently, mountain lion hunting (perfectly legal during the season for it). I have not partook in any of those last two myself, but have a more than a few friends who have.

Were you on the crew of one of the B-1s over there?

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Limited selection of 22" a/t tires for now but its growing... Here's 22" with 285/55 Nitto Ridge Grapplers...good look imo ;)

20200506_235754.jpg

Great looking black truck btw (y)

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Limited selection of 22" a/t tires for now but its growing... Here's 22" with 285/55 Nitto Ridge Grapplers...good look imo ;)

Great looking black truck btw (y)

Thanks! Do you get any rub with your air suspension on those, or do you have the non-air suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread