5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my ReadyLift 3.5" SST kit. Need recommendations on wheels and tires.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Ram Laramie last weekend. No offroad package or anything...just the stock 20" wheels/tires on it right now. My ReadyLift 3.5" SST kit arrived today. I'd like to get a nice 20" wheel/tire combo that will look aggressive but still ride smooth on the street. I'd also like to have no rubbing issues and would prefer to avoid trimming/grinding anything.

This is my first truck and my first time ever doing anything with tires and wheels.

sgk

Reaction score
I can tell you that with a 3.5" lift you won't have issues with many tires. You can easily go upto 35x12. or metric equivalent without having to trim anything. Unless of course you go with some crazy + offset rims. There are hundreds of rims you can choose, i like to play around with sites like tirerack.com where you can see the rims on your vehicle. Tires that look aggressive seem to come down to NItto ridge grapplers or bfg ko2 and Toyo open country AT
This site will show you actual sizes of tires you pick https://tiresize.com/height-chart/ Just keep in mind different tire manufacturers measure slightly different.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Ram Laramie last weekend. No offroad package or anything...just the stock 20" wheels/tires on it right now. My ReadyLift 3.5" SST kit arrived today. I'd like to get a nice 20" wheel/tire combo that will look aggressive but still ride smooth on the street. I'd also like to have no rubbing issues and would prefer to avoid trimming/grinding anything.

This is my first truck and my first time ever doing anything with tires and wheels.

I have the ReadyLift 3.5" SST installed.

The tires are going to be the biggest difference in ride for you. I went with 295/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (approx 34"x11.75"). They are a "hybrid" tire (cross between Mud Tire and All Terrain) similar to the Toyo Open Country R/T (which is what I originally wanted, but they didn't come in the right size). The tires are great, aren't too loud, and have performed well so far - though it's been summer and I haven't had them in any rain, snow or mud yet.

BUT, they are stiffer than straight road tires. They are "E" rated, so you can tow/haul with confidence, but that comes at a slight sacrifice in ride quality.

I'm very happy with them overall, but you should be aware that the ride will become slightly stiffer.

Side note: my wife didn't even notice the change in ride - and this is her daily driver. So I'm not saying the change is drastic, but I noticed it.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Kevin C,
What wheels did you go with? What are the specs and offset?
Thanks for the info about the ride stiffness.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Kevin C,
What wheels did you go with? What are the specs and offset?
Thanks for the info about the ride stiffness.
Mine are Fuel Offroad Mavericks. I got the Anthracite (gray) version, but there are several to choose from. I went with 20x9 and a +0 offset.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you go with a 35" x 12.5" tire, you may have slight rubbing depending on the offset of the wheel. Some VERY minor trimming may be required. Anything smaller than that should fit just fine though.

Celtic Sun

Reaction score
Thanks all for the great advice! I'm heading to North Augusta Customs in South Carolina on Friday to see what they've got. I think I'm going to go with the Fuel Mavericks and either the Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the KO2s. Both look real good. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Mccoyver

Reaction score
I went with ATX201 wheels 18x9 with 0 offset. And Toyo At2 extremes in 295-70-18 zero issues. I’m playing around with tire pressure to see how it effects ride quality

Attachments

• C249F6E4-4450-40EF-B56A-125FC3E269FA.jpeg
    C249F6E4-4450-40EF-B56A-125FC3E269FA.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 22

scottahaire

Reaction score
I went with 325 55 22 (36in) with the 3.5 ready lift. Spaced the front bumper 1/2 inch forward. Trimmed a little bit of plastic on the cab side

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with 325 55 22 (36in) with the 3.5 ready lift. Spaced the front bumper 1/2 inch forward. Trimmed a little bit of plastic on the cab side

How do you go about “ spacing “ the front bumpers ?

scottahaire

Reaction score
I actually have 2 2019 rams (for business purposes) and bought 2 of the 3.5 ready lifts. Only installed one. I will send pictures as soon as my lead contractor is back from the project he is on. Decided to sell the other kit. I need to keep the gas mileage reasonable.

Syman02

Reaction score
I am getting my readylift, wheels, and tires installed today! I went with 275/65r20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires with Mayhem Rampage 20x9 +0 wheels mayhem_rampage_wheels_hero.jpg.cf.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went with ATX201 wheels 18x9 with 0 offset. And Toyo At2 extremes in 295-70-18 zero issues. I’m playing around with tire pressure to see how it effects ride quality
One of the few and I do mean FEW folks who are sticking with an 18” wheel / tire combo. That’s what I’m sticking with in mine also..

Users who are viewing this thread