5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just FYI- Fuel filler hose clamp- Hope this isn’t common

DaveR

Reaction score
Brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn- bought 4 weeks ago... went to fuel up yesterday and after a few minutes, looked down to see gas pooling all over the ground! Looked under truck and saw gas was running down the sides of the fuel tank from above... After moving the truck and cleaning up, I reached up from under the vehicle to feel around where the fuel filler hose enters the tank.... something didn’t feel right, so I managed to get my phone up there and got a pic that showed the hose clamp around the filler hose was not tightened. I could not reach to tighten it, so I got the truck to the dealer this morning and they quickly made the fix without issue... such a simple thing, but sheesh! You’d think the quality control would be a little better at the factory... I can one assume it was just never tightened, as I’ve not known such clamps to simply “loosen”. Could have been a bad scenario. E8CC259E-7BDB-4210-ADA7-F16FFF54DE00.jpeg E8CC259E-7BDB-4210-ADA7-F16FFF54DE00.jpeg 7B931BC6-C6FA-45B2-A1A9-2660C8EB7BAD.jpeg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quality control that's a figment of everybody's imagination :giggle: there isn't any.

RJS

Reaction score
I'm even more surprised they use a clamp like that in a production environment. Slow to install and hard to guarantee tightness.

ClancyO

Reaction score
I work in manufacturing, quality is a dark art. But you’d think that given your vin they should have records to be able to see who was on the line at that station when that truck was built. And when crap like this comes up on the interweb, there would be some accountability.

I’ve posted this before, but it still makes me laugh. It got to the dealership, and the dealership even put their sticker under it, and no one noticed..

475788E6-B5D5-4A6F-9310-10E2941FC9AB.jpeg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm even more surprised they use a clamp like that in a production environment. Slow to install and hard to guarantee tightness.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw those pics.

Users who are viewing this thread