5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just found out my truck is from Canada.. no more warranty.. a week after purchase

Chuck19

Reaction score
Bummer when you dont do your due diligence and trust a dealer.
Wow, very helpful comment, you must be a member of THT. Talk about kicking the man when he is down! Not helpful at all.

OP don’t drop this! They are obviously in the wrong and they know it, based off the text messages you have. Get an attorney and make this right!

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
Wow, very helpful comment, you must be a member of THT. Talk about kicking the man when he is down! Not helpful at all.

OP don’t drop this! They are obviously in the wrong and they know it, based off the text messages you have. Get an attorney and make this right!
What type of attorney should I get? And from the state of Iowa or wherei live in Texas?

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
So they texted me this morning. I never replied.. I don't get how The extended warranty, Ethos, will cover all these things, after I spoke to Ethos yesterday with the service manager at the local Ram dealership here, and they said the gaskets, dash board, etc aren't covered..

But they texted me this morning and said to take to the Shottenkirk dealership here in my home town, and that Ethos worried fix it at theirs? What kind of shady chit is that? This Shottenkirk dealership here is NOTORIOUSLY CROOKED! as to why I didn't buy any of their 4 Ram trucks they had on their lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-113107_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-113107_Messages.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 42

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See what the Iowa AG says. They should get back to you soon.

Do not reply to their texts at this point.

Do not use your current extended warranty yet. I would return it, but you have some time as those usually have a 30 day full refund policy.

As has been mentioned a few times, if you get a lawyer from Iowa not Texas. A lemon law lawyer should work, they should know the auto and consumer protection laws in IA. A TX lawyer won't.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. You have 2 post at the present time on the top of the timeline. This one, and and a fuel mileage post. In the fuel mileage post you are not happy and even commented you wished you would of went with a gm 6.2. Although a dealer not being upfront with you is not right at all, it also sounds like you have some buyers remorse, that might of set in on your second or third stop to fill the tank on your way home. Now since they have offered to fix your issues at one of their locations, I feel like you should at least give that opportunity a shot.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
AG is just a mediator. If you want to take action, you’ll need to contact an actual attorney which will result in some out of pocket expense. Worth the consultation

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Man that’s terrible. Sorry to hear about this.
Post back once you have some sort of resolution.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
See what the Iowa AG says. They should get back to you soon.

Do not reply to their texts at this point.

Do not use your current extended warranty yet. I would return it, but you have some time as those usually have a 30 day full refund policy.

As has been mentioned a few times, if you get a lawyer from Iowa not Texas. A lemon law lawyer should work, they should know the auto and consumer protection laws in IA. A TX lawyer won't.
Appreciate the advice and info brotha

Keezer

Reaction score

Yeah, truth does hurt sometimes. If this happened in the first place the odds of this working out well are slim.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a number of reasons why gray market vehicles sold across borders are not covered by a warranty. The first is the Imported Vehicle Safety Compliance Act of 1988, since vehicles of the same make and model are often equipped differently for different countries. Then there’s emissions certification which is often different. Warranties, which are a cost of doing business for a manufacturer, are held by the country-of-origin entity. Dealers in the US have no process to charge back warranty labor in the Canadian system, and vice-versa. They are different companies. Also, FTC rules can interfere with warranty coverage.

You could take the vehicle to a Ram dealer in Canada where they would be obligated under Canadian law to honor the warranty at a huge inconvienence to you, but I suspect you will have better luck getting the selling dealer to take it back since there was no full disclosure.

Good luck and best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 050079 miles.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive had nothing but bad time with this truck I just bought. I live in Weatherford Texas.. flew up to Des Moines Iowa to Shottenkirk dealership to buy this 19 Ram Longhorn.. I tried to see if they would take it back 7 days later.. they won't and offered me 5k lower for it than what I just paid them 8 days ago.. I took it now twice to local Ram dealership to have the problems fixed under the factory warranty that they said I still had, 31k with 5k left of bumper to bumper.. the left corner of dash pad is coming up, bad wind noise in cabin..usb outlets/Android auto faulty.. screen has been glitching in last 3 days..it needs the amplifier up update as I have to have it on like 25-35 to play loud..weird grinding noise in steering wheel when making hard turn to the right.. leaking back corner of talgate/out fluid.. leaky gasket type thing.... Just overall a ****ty experience with my first ever Ram.. I picked this truck because it had everything I wanted in it and fell n love with the interior when I test drove some here locally.. but couldn't find any in this color with all the options I wanted..

Long story short, I hate it..I put 7k down..and now I can't even get the factory warranty to cover any of these problems.. the extended warranty I got try the dealership doesn't cover any gaskets, programming updates, dash that needs to be replaced isn't covered..etc etc.. I'm at a loss and sick to my stomach. Never spent this much on a vehicle and regret every second now for trading in my suburban for this..not what I was expecting..

I'm at a loss on what to do now View attachment 92263

Dealership told me to try and sell it down here. They aren't buying it back View attachment 92261
Do you have any proof, paper work, window stickers that says it comes with a remainder of the factory warranty? If you you, I’d think your could fight them and win? Not sure if they gave it to you, but I live in Iowa and many times there is a form in the driver rear window that specifically says if it has warranty or not, should be a box to check that says as is or warranty? Check and see if they gave you a copy of this. I had a 19 ram that I bought new in North Carolina that had issues from day one, after a year of fighting ram they finally bought it back! You don’t have that option as it was used. Unfortunately these trucks have a lot of problems and it sounds like you bought someone else’s problems😩 Good luck!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any proof, paper work, window stickers that says it comes with a remainder of the factory warranty? If you you, I’d think your could fight them and win? Not sure if they gave it to you, but I live in Iowa and many times there is a form in the driver rear window that specifically says if it has warranty or not, should be a box to check that says as is or warranty? Check and see if they gave you a copy of this. I had a 19 ram that I bought new in North Carolina that had issues from day one, after a year of fighting ram they finally bought it back! You don’t have that option as it was used. Unfortunately these trucks have a lot of problems and it sounds like you bought someone else’s problems😩 Good luck!

Attachments

• 5894F0EF-B6D1-4F79-91DE-009E3E5CA6EF.png
    5894F0EF-B6D1-4F79-91DE-009E3E5CA6EF.png
    264 KB · Views: 63

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even if they didn’t give you a copy, I’d guess they had one for you put a signature and date one of these’s forms, I’d ask to see the original! I hate all dealerships, I’ve delt with hundreds and I can tell you, there are very few that I’d ever trust!

Users who are viewing this thread