5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just drove a '19 Laramie

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took some time this morning to drive a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - not really equipped how I'd buy it, but close enough to give me a feel for the truck. RAM hit this out of the ballpark. Impressive build quality (this one was built 021906) and the attention to detail on the interior is top notch. Not sure how I feel about the black interior with light beige upper door jambs/headliner.

All touch points were very high quality and solid. The trim on the dash/door panels were all very nice - a big step up from my XLT F-150 (which was expected - but this Laramie I'd say was above a Lariat F-150 in regards to materials used). This one had the front bench seat - I'm more of a bucket seat kind of guy and like the big center console for storage. The rear seat had great legroom, I'd say equal to that of my F-150. Really wish this one had the sunroof so I could compare that. Backup camera quality is leaps and bounds above the 2018 RAM (I can't stand the image quality on that) and I'd say better than my F-150 also.

Plenty of room in the engine compartment - quite a bit more than my F-150. It drove/rode very nice. Didn't get into the throttle too much, but by the seat of the pants, my F-150 is quicker. Very quiet inside!

Now to see crash test results and get some incentives on this truck and I may just buy one!

LeStYlf.png

ILeJbOz.jpg

i5m2RXs.jpg

kpJuR8L.jpg

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you liked it. The first thing I noticed as well when I sat in one the other day was just how nice the materials and fit and finish are. Adding the Sport package will get you the black headliner and pillars.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Glad to hear you liked it. The first thing I noticed as well when I sat in one the other day was just how nice the materials and fit and finish are. Adding the Sport package will get you the black headliner and pillars.
Good to know! I have all an all black interior on my F150 and like it. Wasn't to much of a drive, I'll wait until I find one I'm serious about buying before I drive it further.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
I gotta say, that's a terrible build.
Yeah there is nothing on it
icon_lol.gif
. Level 1 and those 20 inch wheels
1f922.png

Remember when they announced for our US people that the Rambox dropped $300 well it did and it didn't. When I got my Rambox I got the Cargo Management system and the divider. Now they want $495 for it(Bed Utility Group) so technically the Ramboxes went up a couple hundred.
icon_lol.gif

Users who are viewing this thread