5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just discovered there is only one 12V 12 volt cigarette cigar power outlet

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
There’s a fuse you can move to make it cut off with the ignition. It’s supposed to be the default but for many it does not appear to be (including mine )
Thanks. That’s currently what I’m researching. I’m going to switch the fuse to power on and off with the ignition. I haven’t found anything yet.

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
It was an easy fix. 2 bolts were removed in order to remove the panel covering the fuse under the steering column. Switched over the fuse from 54a to 54b and now the 12V outlet turns on and off with the ignition. Thank you!

Attachments

• BE4B1906-DB12-4B8D-8023-B7F68E7AF296.jpeg
    BE4B1906-DB12-4B8D-8023-B7F68E7AF296.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 115

Gittyup247

Reaction score
I couldn’t find any other posts on the 12V so I figured this was the closest thing.

So not only do we have 1 12V outlet (which I can live with) but I just discovered that the outlet stays on. I use a dash cam with the 12V connector and realized that the camera was recording even when the truck was off and it was parked.

Can someone else let me know if there 12V outlet stays on when the engine is off? I’d appreciate any feedback on this.
[/QUOTE
I couldn’t find any other posts on the 12V so I figured this was the closest thing.

So not only do we have 1 12V outlet (which I can live with) but I just discovered that the outlet stays on. I use a dash cam with the 12V connector and realized that the camera was recording even when the truck was off and it was parked.

Can someone else let me know if there 12V outlet stays on when the engine is off? I’d appreciate any feedback on this.
Same here

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Check your fuse box under the steering wheel column. I provided a solid photo in an earlier post. 54a will let the 12V outlet draw power from the battery with the ignition off while 54b will all power only when the ignition is on.

Users who are viewing this thread