5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just curious

azzx

Reaction score
Once in a while, I have to check the feedback from folks who have owned this truck for 5+ years. I know most people posting on this forum have issues with their trucks and need info. from the forum members.
I have a 2019 Laramie, purchased in Dec. 2018. Details in my signature.
I have 36,500 miles on my truck. Always garaged and oil/filter change at 5K intervals. Fed 92 octane and full syntetich oil!
Knock on wood, so far I have not had a single mechanical problem with my truck. Just the typical BS related to the so-called technology (nothing since last year)
Just curious if anyone else with the same age/miles has had any major/ catastrophic failures.
Still love driving my RAM. mostly for towing my toys to UT / CO where she performs flawlessly.
Decent mileage -- 18-20 MPG on HWY, 14 - 16 MPG on ST. 12 MPG towing a 6K trailer/load at 70-80MPH.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I have had my truck since 4/2018. The only issues I have had were the moaning brakes and a rusted bolt on the exhaust. I have had to replace the battery last year, but I consider that on par for the age of the truck. Of course it also gave me the excuse to get the bigger H8 AGM battery.

Magredvet

Reaction score
I traded my 2019 last year for this current 2024. It had apx 37000 miles, and the only issues were the squealing brakes when reversing, and I replaced the battery just last year. One thing I did notice tho, was that the paint was starting to yellow on the fairing above the bumper, and on the flares. It was Ivory Tricoat Pearl. Other than that it never saw the inside of a shop, other than the recalls........... I hope this 24 is as good ...............

pilottim

Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 in June, 2019. I turned 55k miles last night. My issues have been fairly common: a bit of yellowing of the plastic bits on the ivory tricoat pearl, leaking CHMSL (fixed), cracked rear window frame (replaced under warranty), ill-fitting Rambox tops, groaning steering box, clicking rear end, dead battery in year 4, a couple infotainment screen freezes. I replaced the factory Bridgestones at about 20k miles with Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus 275/60R20. They're about worn out at 35k miles. Still loving the Longhorn interior!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at 3.5 yrs and 68K miles.
I've never been back to the dealer except for a new visor and they would not help me. Truck was 2 yrs old at the time. I just bought a new one online for $110 and never looked back.

I have an exhaust leak on passenger side manifold that started about 64K. I got the kit for $65. Doing install myself soon.

I have a leakong rear window I partially fixed with permatex. Gonna fix that some more.

Other than that, my truck is amazing. I won't be buying a new one until I HAVE to.

I do fear lifter failure but not much we can do about that except a good lubrication strategy.

I drove my 1998 Trans AM for 20 yrs. That LS1 was amazing.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel - 67k - Owned since 9/19

- Driver's side mirror defrost didn't work - replaced under warranty
- Broken exhaust bolt mid stream (after cat, I believe) - fixed under warranty
- Dead battery - replaced under warranty
- Etorque MGU - replaced under warranty (same time as battery)
- Rear backlight glass replaced due to crack in frame/leak - replaced under warranty
- Passenger-side exhaust manifold - replaced/fixed under warranty

Thankfully, nothing catastrophic. Despite all the issues, I love my truck. Learned my lesson on buying the first model year of the new generation of a vehicle.

Last edited:

Jmacnorth

Reaction score
I'm at 3.5 yrs and 68K miles.
I've never been back to the dealer except for a new visor and they would not help me. Truck was 2 yrs old at the time. I just bought a new one online for $110 and never looked back.

I have an exhaust leak on passenger side manifold that started about 64K. I got the kit for $65. Doing install myself soon.

I have a leakong rear window I partially fixed with permatex. Gonna fix that some more.

Other than that, my truck is amazing. I won't be buying a new one until I HAVE to.

I do fear lifter failure but not much we can do about that except a good lubrication strategy.

I drove my 1998 Trans AM for 20 yrs. That LS1 was amazing.
How did you make out replacing manifold yourself? I think I have the same issue at 35kmiles. 2019 north edition so warranty just expired dealer came up with every excuse not to fix, so like you I wanna tackle this job myself. I check all bolts on manifold and heat shield and none seem to be broken but a piec of the gasket did crumble off. Ticking does go away after warm up I’m gonna also check all clamps please post how you made out thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did you make out replacing manifold yourself? I think I have the same issue at 35kmiles. 2019 north edition so warranty just expired dealer came up with every excuse not to fix, so like you I wanna tackle this job myself. I check all bolts on manifold and heat shield and none seem to be broken but a piec of the gasket did crumble off. Ticking does go away after warm up I’m gonna also check all clamps please post how you made out thanks
Manifold itself it probably cracked. I've heard it's not too terrible doing it yourself.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 purchased in July 2020. 43k miles. Just recently had my passenger side exhaust manifold replaced, and the fuel tank vapor canister. Other than that no major issues. Had passenger valve cover replaced twice for leaking, but the average owner probably wouldn't have even bothered with that. It was just a slight seep around one of coil packs. If I didn't do car shows, wouldn't have been an issue. Never lost any measurable amount of oil from it. And never caused a drip.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately the new one is still sitting right here in my office. Hoping to tackle it within the next few weeks. Should be pretty simple. There's a video on it as well which seemed simple enough. It's also good to have a welder in case it's a stud and not the manifold itself. I have yet to confirm which on mine so I bought the whole kit. I'll post up when I do it. Good luck!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I bought the remflex gaskets which I think are a good safeguard because they give a bit should a mani or stud crack again.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 2019 Laramie 4x4 Crew. Pretty highly optioned. I have 129K miles on it. One manifold replaced under CPO warranty, third brake light leak I fixed myself. 12" Uconnect with zero issues. I replaced the brakes at about 110K I think, but only because the rears were shot. Otherwise, rock solid truck. Very very happy with it.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
Once in a while, I have to check the feedback from folks who have owned this truck for 5+ years. I know most people posting on this forum have issues with their trucks and need info. from the forum members.
I have a 2019 Laramie, purchased in Dec. 2018. Details in my signature.
I have 36,500 miles on my truck. Always garaged and oil/filter change at 5K intervals. Fed 92 octane and full syntetich oil!
Knock on wood, so far I have not had a single mechanical problem with my truck. Just the typical BS related to the so-called technology (nothing since last year)
Just curious if anyone else with the same age/miles has had any major/ catastrophic failures.
Still love driving my RAM. mostly for towing my toys to UT / CO where she performs flawlessly.
Decent mileage -- 18-20 MPG on HWY, 14 - 16 MPG on ST. 12 MPG towing a 6K trailer/load at 70-80MPH.
I have a 19' Laramie and got it summer of 2018. It has been an absolute dream, and the powertrain feels bulletproof. 5k OCI with Valvoline full synthetic. Only use premium Top Teir fuel as well. I had broken manifold studs just prior to my 5-year anniversary (54,000 mi). Powertrain warranty covered the repair. I have a Borla S-type Catback exhaust system on it too. 2" lift front and rear, w/35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I can't seem to do any better than 13mpg, but I do drive very fast and like to hit it when I accelerate.

Users who are viewing this thread