5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just came in!

Dayhawk

Reaction score
Just came in. Very pleased with 1st impressions. Passed the checklist, no initial bugs,defects,brake squel,clusters,knocked, whistles,media center and exterior....all as promised( so far). My only question is no wheel locked or the( do not know what its called) plastic piece behind wheel hides mechanical stuff. Build date...8/18.

Now I'm very low mileage driver, have my loaded 2012 Laramie with only 25k miles to me brother, but I will report anything or nothing as time goes on. Side note, cant remember who posted the link for protective glass but you are awesome, works great..I suggest as well.thnx for the link!

A few picks I took, I'll take more if requsted.

Dayhawk

Reaction score
requested., phone gates linking pics...limited edition is what it is.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just came in. Very pleased with 1st impressions. Passed the checklist, no initial bugs,defects,brake squel,clusters,knocked, whistles,media center and exterior....all as promised( so far). My only question is no wheel locked or the( do not know what its called) plastic piece behind wheel hides mechanical stuff. Build date...8/18.

Now I'm very low mileage driver, have my loaded 2012 Laramie with only 25k miles to me brother, but I will report anything or nothing as time goes on. Side note, cant remember who posted the link for protective glass but you are awesome, works great..I suggest as well.thnx for the link!

Hi Dayhawk. Post some pics and info on your truck

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Post pics or it didn't happen!:)

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new truck. Glad to hear it passed the checklist. That goes a long way to ensure a good start. Looking forward to the pictures and initial review.

1Raider

Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig.. Post up some pics for us!

Dayhawk

Reaction score
Fully loaded but tow mirrors and sunroof, 22 in tires, I did not get hybrid hemi though.

Attachments

• 20180912_182003.jpg
    20180912_182003.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • 20180912_181916.jpg
    20180912_181916.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 20180912_181938.jpg
    20180912_181938.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 148

Dayhawk

Reaction score
Things I wasnt aware of also that really had me fluttered.

Power folding mirrors..u have no idea how helpful this will be for me!
Water sensitive windshield wipers, omg really?, just too cool.
And I'm sure the gang here might be used to it, but coming out of a 2012, this key fob thing is really nifty. Thumbs up!

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The newer trucks have all kinds of neat new gadgets and tricks.

While looking at 2018 HDs I noticed there are like almost 100 of these standard. Neat for sure...and I know the 2013s traction control made 4wd pretty much only an as needed vs a percaution. Amazing what and how the computer can drive better than me.

Trucks have come a long way.

Being a Ram owner who can't stop driving his 99, I wander just how well these things will work when the calipers get rusty, or the wheel bearings start to get bad...ahh who am I kidding...I will just have to get used to trading in every 3 years. And the 99 will live on to remind me why that is best lol

Kersch

Reaction score
Fully loaded but tow mirrors and sunroof, 22 in tires, I did not get hybrid hemi though.
Great looking truck! Can’t wait for mine. Order placed 8/30. Was told build next week and estimated ship date 9/22. Hope that happens!!!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A 2012 with only 25,000 miles isn’t even broken in. Talk about not going anywhere lol.

Users who are viewing this thread