5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Bought this 2021 Sport

CaffGeek

Reaction score
Brought it home last night, still trying to figure out how to use some of the stuff. Anyone know if the 2021's have Android Auto Wireless? It seems silly to have wireless Qi charging, and still require the cord for Android Auto...

1614094580791.png

BobK

Reaction score
Congrats! Only had mine a few months and very happy.
You can connect with Bluetooth but Android Auto still requires a wired connection. Although there are some 3rd party devices out there you can get that connect it wirelessly. I just connect mine with the wire and drop it in the vent mounted holder, dont like having to do it but also provides faster charging.

CaffGeek

Reaction score
Congrats! Only had mine a few months and very happy.
You can connect with Bluetooth but Android Auto still requires a wired connection. Although there are some 3rd party devices out there you can get that connect it wirelessly. I just connect mine with the wire and drop it in the vent mounted holder, dont like having to do it but also provides faster charging.
Had found something that made it sound like it should support it (can't find it now) ... but that sucks it doesn't ... at least yet :(

BobK

Reaction score
I think UConnect 5 has the wireless android auto and the RAM's still have v4? I havent checked mine to confirm that.

Users who are viewing this thread