5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought my first Ram! (Pics included)

RobbieDigital

Reaction score
Years ago I had a 5 cylinder Chevy Colorado and I hated it. It had the power of a 4 cyl and the fuel economy of a 6 cyl. After I had kids I sold it. Well I now have two kids and 5,000lb boat. I had been shopping around online for a 1/2ton crew cab for about two months and my list was f-150 then Silverado then Ram.
And then I actual went in to look at trucks. And my list changed to just Ram. The size of the crew cab and the storage and the interior looks sold me. I knew for what I wanted I probably couldn’t afford a brand new truck so I started looking at 2019’s. I created a list of must haves and really wants and kept shopping online within a 50 mile radius of my house.
Last Friday night this truck popped up at a Lexus dealer an hour from home. By Saturday it was mine. It checked all my boxes and was priced very competitive.

2019 Big Horn, 5.7liter, 4x4, level 2 electronics, black out package, $900 tonneau cover installed, bed liner, Etorque.
It had 21k miles and was $35,900.

The truck is super clean. I cannot find a scratch or ding on it, interior is immaculate. The kids love it and I love it. I can’t wait for spring to tow my boat around.

Attachments

• 08D9E0E7-3D98-4EEF-8BD2-CCCB94773365.jpeg
    08D9E0E7-3D98-4EEF-8BD2-CCCB94773365.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 89
  • BFEC74CE-3A23-44BD-8418-33BE041780F8.jpeg
    BFEC74CE-3A23-44BD-8418-33BE041780F8.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 87

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Congrats man. Beautiful truck!
It will tow your boat great.
What boat do you have?

RobbieDigital

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Key Largo 196 with a 2019 Suzuki 140hp. I live in Maryland and fish the chesapeake bay from April to December. It’s on a boat lift but Now that I have a truck I plan to tow it closer to the mouth of the Chesapeake bay more often to catch other species of fish.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best of luck with the family, Ram and boat. Great vehicle for the kids. Job well done. How much warranty time? Any issues reach out - 5th generation is great.

RobbieDigital

Reaction score
Best of luck with the family, Ram and boat. Great vehicle for the kids. Job well done. How much warranty time? Any issues reach out - 5th generation is great.
I am warranty shopping as we speak.
I didn’t trust the finance manager at all when I was in the buying process.
I see options through Chrysler direct and people keep talking about Ziegler.
I am strongly considering the 7/125k Powertrain warranty.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Years ago I had a 5 cylinder Chevy Colorado and I hated it. It had the power of a 4 cyl and the fuel economy of a 6 cyl. After I had kids I sold it. Well I now have two kids and 5,000lb boat. I had been shopping around online for a 1/2ton crew cab for about two months and my list was f-150 then Silverado then Ram.
And then I actual went in to look at trucks. And my list changed to just Ram. The size of the crew cab and the storage and the interior looks sold me. I knew for what I wanted I probably couldn’t afford a brand new truck so I started looking at 2019’s. I created a list of must haves and really wants and kept shopping online within a 50 mile radius of my house.
Last Friday night this truck popped up at a Lexus dealer an hour from home. By Saturday it was mine. It checked all my boxes and was priced very competitive.

2019 Big Horn, 5.7liter, 4x4, level 2 electronics, black out package, $900 tonneau cover installed, bed liner, Etorque.
It had 21k miles and was $35,900.

The truck is super clean. I cannot find a scratch or ding on it, interior is immaculate. The kids love it and I love it. I can’t wait for spring to tow my boat around.
Nice truck! Good for you and your family.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new truck, looks fantastic . IMHO the longest bumper to bumper warranty is the way to go as you’re more likely to have a problem with the electronics than with the power train . But it’s your choice and whatever gives you piece of mind is the way to go .

Awood05

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is a good looking truck. Enjoy!

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new truck, looks fantastic . IMHO the longest bumper to bumper warranty is the way to go as you’re more likely to have a problem with the electronics than with the power train . But it’s your choice and whatever gives you piece of mind is the way to go .
With all the sensitive electronics, I’d agree with this

Users who are viewing this thread