5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought my first RAM - 2020 1500 Limited, need info on mods and best place to buy Mopar parts

john3mary

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I appreciate the info on this forum. I am looking at some basic mods for my new/used truck, it has a Tonneau cover that it came with. I have ordered a WEILEITE Rear Bedstep Retractable Bumper Truck Tailgate Step, some add on LED bed lights (going to try and tap onto the factory bed lights) and looking at some skid plates. I am open to other suggestions. I will use it for accessing hunting areas, no hard core stump jumping or rock climbing but want to protect the underside from possible off road damage.

Looking for suggestions on best places to buy Mopar parts like the skid plates. I found a few sites online with the 68266717AB front skid plate & 68266720AA transfer skid plate but they want huge shipping costs, like hundreds of dollars. I found www.jksuperstore.com that will only charge $51 for shipping these two skid plates which looks like a great deal compared to the other sites. Anyone ever use jksuperstore or have another site they can recommend? or should I wait until Tuesday when the local RAM dealer opens again and ask them how much to buy locally?

Thanks for any tips for a new RAM owner.

Happy New Year!

John

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
@Accessory.Parts can get a lot of OEM parts also.

Dealerships generally go way down on prices if you ask them and say "these are way cheaper x y and z"
I got them to go $100 less for each side of cargo rails to mount a cover on my truck

john3mary

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I will try the dealer first using the online sites prices as a negotiating tool.

Users who are viewing this thread