5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought my 2020 Limited

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Picked up my 2020 Limited a week ago; Love this truck! Ive come from a 3rd & 4th gen ram 1500, but the 5th gen is Incredible. Heres a pic of my new baby and my old one. Gonna miss my ’14 as she was a good girl. Time to make some new memories. Only thing I dont like is how loud it is on the highway (sounds like a rear window is cracked). After searching this forum, I found out about the missing horizontal weatherstrip between the bed and cab. Place that on order with some mass loaded vinyl to help keep road noise from coming through the back wall.

Came with nearly every option, and has the multifunction tailgate (butt crack as ive called it)

Attachments

• 20191004_155130.jpg
    20191004_155130.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 20191004_155138.jpg
    20191004_155138.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 20191004_162623.jpg
    20191004_162623.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 252

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Looks great! Does it have the black-out package that requires black paint? ...or is it the midnight package that can be had with most colors. Not sure I have the package names right, but you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Limited, looks great except for the front license plate holder.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Its the blackout package (wouldnt have gotten a limited with chrome). Havent had front license plates in 20 years, but they require em out here in CO.

Deezl

Reaction score
Its the blackout package (wouldnt have gotten a limited with chrome). Havent had front license plates in 20 years, but they require em out here in CO.
I'm in Windsor. You?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear you on the chrome but unfortunately it wasn’t a option for 2019, I’m working on deleting the chrome though. I figured you were in a state that requires front plates, glad SC don’t require them as it really kills the look in my opinion.

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
Picked up my 2020 Limited a week ago; Love this truck! Ive come from a 3rd & 4th gen ram 1500, but the 5th gen is Incredible. Heres a pic of my new baby and my old one. Gonna miss my ’14 as she was a good girl. Time to make some new memories. Only thing I dont like is how loud it is on the highway (sounds like a rear window is cracked). After searching this forum, I found out about the missing horizontal weatherstrip between the bed and cab. Place that on order with some mass loaded vinyl to help keep road noise from coming through the back wall.

Came with nearly every option, and has the multifunction tailgate (butt crack as ive called it)
Can you explain the missing weatherstrip? I haven’t heard this before.

mike12193

Reaction score
Can you explain the missing weatherstrip? I haven’t heard this before.

Here you go. It did make a noticeable difference on mine.

Cab To Box Seal - Mopar (68309888AA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalailama23

Reaction score

Is the vented hood part of the black out feature or are all 2020 that way? Very nice truck ,congratulations

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like the hood as well. Anyone know if the sport hood is available for purchase? I either want it or I may just wrap my hood matte black and see if that satisfies me.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Yeah, I really like the hood as well. Anyone know if the sport hood is available for purchase? I either want it or I may just wrap my hood matte black and see if that satisfies me.

Yes I saw on another thread here that you can buy the Sport Performance Hood on eBay for $600 unpainted. It’s sold by a Ram dealer, Steve White Motors in Hickory NC. So you could probably order it locally at any Ram dealer.

My question is, Will Ram ever offer this hood as a separate option on any truck Without having to get it in a package? I want this hood also but as it stands now, you have to order it on a Limited model with the Black Appearance Pkg for $3,995. No disrespect for those that like this pkg, but I do not as I want a different color than Black. I like some chrome to break the color up. On the Laramie, you have to order the Sport Appearance Pkg or the Black Appearance Pkg to get the this hood. Why can’t it be a stand alone option?

34DEFF9C-E20C-4477-A803-5796E5CC3C49.png

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I saw on another thread here that you can buy the Sport Performance Hood on eBay for $600 unpainted. It’s sold by a Ram dealer, Steve White Motors in Hickory NC. So you could probably order it locally at any Ram dealer.

My question is, Will Ram ever offer this hood as a separate option on any truck Without having to get it in a package? I want this hood also but as it stands now, you have to order it on a Limited model with the Black Appearance Pkg for $3,995. No disrespect for those that like this pkg, but I do not as I want a different color than Black. I like some chrome to break the color up. On the Laramie, you have to order the Sport Appearance Pkg or the Black Appearance Pkg to get the this hood. Why can’t it be a stand alone option?

View attachment 37816
Yes it would be nice if you could just order the hood as a stand-alone option. I’ll see what my tint guy will charge for the wrap and then weigh my options. I’m only a couple hours from the dealer in Hickory so I could easily pick up the hood if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread