5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought 2025 1500 Laramie - major issues after 1 day owned

DC123

Reaction score
Dealer says it never happened before - but it did when I bought this new 2025 truck. I'm waiting a month for a cam phaser and oil pump from engine light that came on the day after I bought this 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie. Dealer is replacing parts and I have a loaner. How bad is this for resale, or even owning it? Anyone heard of this happening? What would you do?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer says it never happened before - but it did when I bought this new 2025 truck. I'm waiting a month for a cam phaser and oil pump from engine light that came on the day after I bought this 2025 Ram 1500 Laramie. Dealer is replacing parts and I have a loaner. How bad is this for resale, or even owning it? Anyone heard of this happening? What would you do?
I think it is too early to tell on 2025 trucks.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect it to affect resale value. It's frustrating dealing with issues on any vehicle, especially a brand new one. But that's what the warranty is for. It can happen with any car brand. I realize that's little comfort for you at this point but avoiding the first model year of a redesign can help to reduce the likelihood of this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread