5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bit on an ecodiesel

amonte924

Reaction score
I am new to this place. Didn't know it existed and stumbled on it in a search. I had a 2020 Ram1500 Limited with 101000 miles. What a great truck. I tow a 5000 lb travel trailer and in going out west my hemi seemed to strain in higher elevations. I'm no spring chicken so my wife thought we should get a new truck for our travels. I got 31k for it and went with the 2023 ecodiesel vs etorque Limited . Everyone is going cleantech and be the last year so they are dealing on diesels. I'm pretty handy so changing oil and other fluids seem reasonable. The one question I had is the fuel filter. Do I need a lift or can you crawl under and be successful? Also, I'll drive around town for the week than long haul on the weekends- is that frequent enough.

Thanks

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
doing your own fuel filter is easy. i can slide under the truck to do my oil and fuel filter, and that's with side steps installed. would it be easier if it's raised a little, hell yeah!!

Last edited:

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
Ditto to what UglyMonk3y said, I just roll my front wheels up on a set of 6 inch Rhino Ramps to get a little extra clearance. It's not entirely necessary but it makes it a little easier to do.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My lease is up in May and I'm considering making the swap as well. I've seen a few 23 eco leftovers where the prices are dropping considerably. I mainly just use my truck for pulling the camper or long trips, so it makes sense to me. Keep us posted on how you like it!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The diesel really shows its strengths when towing. No more screaming v8 on the hills and the fuel saved will pay for itself if you tow enough.

Fuel filter is super easy to change, it’s mounted to the frame right around the drivers footwell area. Pulling the front up onto ramps makes getting under the truck easier, but aren’t required.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
No problem at all. I use a large Ziplock bag after I get it broke loose, drain all the fuel and water in it then install new one.
No fuss no mess.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread