5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jumper Cable Location?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now thinking about it, does this truck have a place to store the jumper cables? Not Ram boxes and what not. Just a dedicated place.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM bins in the floor, but they will be a smaller gauge cable "Cheap" set,
otherwise under the back seats.

Malodave

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I store mine in the storage organizer I put under the back seat

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A little while back, I chose to instead use jump boxes (Jump-N-Carry) instead of cables. More expensive, but easier and safer to use.

When I had jump cables, if they weren't in my passenger-side Rambox, they were under the rear seats. Too large for the under-floor bins.

bigalf

Reaction score
Bought a craftsman battery bank. Came with terminal clamps for jumping. Fits in a pouch the size of a crown royal sack. Lives in underneath storage. But goes into quad bag and motorcycle saddles tooo

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought a craftsman battery bank. Came with terminal clamps for jumping. Fits in a pouch the size of a crown royal sack. Lives in underneath storage. But goes into quad bag and motorcycle saddles tooo
Care to share which one you bought?

bigalf

Reaction score
I bought a Craftsman CMXCESM14143 600 AMP jumper and battery booster. I got it around Christmas, at Lowes, however I can't really seem to source it anywhere besides Ebay.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A little while back, I chose to instead use jump boxes (Jump-N-Carry) instead of cables. More expensive, but easier and safer to use.

When I had jump cables, if they weren't in my passenger-side Rambox, they were under the rear seats. Too large for the under-floor bins.
Good reason to switch.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tuck my cables underneath the rear bench on the passenger's side. I don't have a subwoofer so plenty of room under there.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Like BigAlf I also carry a battery bank charger. It is compact, has a light and checks to make sure things are connected correctly just in case. This way you don’t need to make sure the vehicles are facing or along side of the battery, no cables to unwind or store. Also can be used as a light and to charge phones and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread