5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump seat swap to full center console with quad cab

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
So here’s the deal I have a 2020 ram 1500 4x4 with switch on dash the truck is a quad cab
That I didn’t even notice when I bought it long story

Anyways I know you can change out the jump seat for the full console plenty guys have done that here
My question is will the full console work with quad cabs ?
And are the 2500s the same as 1500 s or do they require modifications to work in a 1500 ?
I’ve searched up and down online jus havnt seen one with a quad cab with full center console
Junk yards can’t give a definite answer jus a “probably will work “ at the point I’m stalking rams in parking lots and looking in windows
I have called my dealer but saying they suck is a understatement

Thanks in advance for any help or info

magnetized

Reaction score
My truck is a quad cab with a console from the factory, so yes it will fit. Harnesses and plugging it up may be more challenging, but imagine it will be similar to the guys with lower spec crew cabs adding a console.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Thank you that’s good news
Should have done more research before buying the quad cab especially going from a crew cab

JustARam23

Reaction score
Yes there is a difference between the 1500 and 2500 consoles.

The 2500 has a cut out in the middle of the console to get over a small hump in the floor. The other thing with the 2500 is the rear bolt holes are the console are in a slightly different location.

The 1500 consoles tend to be a lot cheaper the the 2500 because more are available.

The biggest challenge with the console swap is getting all the USBs to work.

Ram4wheeler

Reaction score
So here’s the deal I have a 2020 ram 1500 4x4 with switch on dash the truck is a quad cab
That I didn’t even notice when I bought it long story

Anyways I know you can change out the jump seat for the full console plenty guys have done that here
My question is will the full console work with quad cabs ?
And are the 2500s the same as 1500 s or do they require modifications to work in a 1500 ?
I’ve searched up and down online jus havnt seen one with a quad cab with full center console
Junk yards can’t give a definite answer jus a “probably will work “ at the point I’m stalking rams in parking lots and looking in windows
I have called my dealer but saying they suck is a understatement

Thanks in advance for any help or info
I have a 2019 rebel quad cab with a full center console. Looking to trade your jump seat for my center console?

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking. Was it hard to find one at a junk yard? And did they charge more for what you were seeing on eBay? (If you happened to check eBay)
No I payed 450
If you don’t mind me asking. Was it hard to find one at a junk yard? And did they charge more for what you were seeing on eBay? (If you happened to check eBay)
no I payed 450 it was a hr from my house so just had them ship it
Same price as fuel
Car-part.com
Put your zip and info it’ll show all the yards close to you if don’t foget the mounts it’s possible to do side by side but it takes time you’ll probably need the infobtainment harness they sell as the jump seat plug is in the middle getting one shipped from a member on here will cost close to 300 unless they have a hook up it cost me 275 to ship mine you’ll have better luck at a junkyard then sell yours on eBay cheap then the rest
Good luck 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online