5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jscan vs Alfa obd

frisby5

Reaction score
So i have had issues changing my tire sizes in alfa obd. I would get ABS errors among other codes and not being able to clear them . I like Alfa obd i have used it for plenty of things. But recently i got the jscan for android and paid the $24 . It is alot easier and more user friendly for changing tire size. I havnt used jscan for anything else i am just throwing this out there that for me jscan was easier for tire change. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So i have had issues changing my tire sizes in alpha obd. I would get ABS errors among other codes and not being able to clear them . I like Alpha obd i have used it for plenty of things. But recently i got the jscan for android and paid the $24 . It is alot easier and more user friendly for changing tire size. I havnt used jscan for anything else i am just throwing this out there that for me jscan was easier for tire change. Hope this helps someone.
I used jscan as well, but I have an iPhone. Here’s a thread that you may be interested in

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
X2 on JScan. Apple friendly and easy to navigate and use. I’ve adjusted my tire size and it was cake. Looking to do the factory bed LED’s in the future and will use JScan to enable those.

msnyder1112

Reaction score
I currently use AlfaOBD but may switch to JScan. AlfaOBD works but it's not the most user-friendly system out there. Lately, I got 35s and have been fine tuning my speedometer. I don't have an android phone so I have to use my laptop and it sucks lugging it around.
For 24 bucks, JScan seems worth it. I think AlfaOBD was 50 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread