5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JMS PedalMAX...

edehosse

Reaction score
Recently installed a PedalMax on my 2019 Bighorn, and so far I'm less than impressed with the results. Maybe I mis-understood how it functions, but my main reason for installing was to get rid of the 1/2-1 second delay when pressing the accelerator. Seems as if the PM does nothing to address that, but basically only adjusts how rapidly the throttle body opens afterwards. Have others experienced similar results? Is there another option available that does a better job of addressing the initial lag?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All the folks that I’ve dealt with either do The Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster.

Reaction score
Recently installed a PedalMax on my 2019 Bighorn, and so far I'm less than impressed with the results. Maybe I mis-understood how it functions, but my main reason for installing was to get rid of the 1/2-1 second delay when pressing the accelerator. Seems as if the PM does nothing to address that, but basically only adjusts how rapidly the throttle body opens afterwards. Have others experienced similar results? Is there another option available that does a better job of addressing the initial lag?

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 2020 ram 1500 DT and I just put the pedal commander in
Quite easy install ( just make sure to follow directions)
Definitely makes a difference on throttle response off the line
Had it for two hours so far
Will update on next while

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but my main reason for installing was to get rid of the 1/2-1 second delay when pressing the accelerator. Seems as if the PM does nothing to address that, but basically only adjusts how rapidly the throttle body opens afterwards.
This seems to be the case with throttle controllers on these trucks. Some other people on this forum will try to convince you otherwise, but they have no idea what they're talking about. I've used a Pedal Commander and a Vitesse on different 2019 and 2020 RAMs with the same result - the controllers adjust the sensitivity of the pedal (i.e. call it 1 inch of pedal travel/20% throttle can be increased to make the truck think you've pressed the pedal 2 inches/40% throttle), but they will not adjust the response time of the pedal (delay from the time the pedal moves that the throttle blade reacts). Need something other than a throttle controller to do that on these trucks. I haven't tried Sprint Booster - they have a famous marketing video that shows their controller fixing the throttle blade delay, but this was on a test bench, not in a real vehicle. I'm not convinced any throttle controller will fix the delay on these trucks. You probably need a tune or something that integrates elsewhere (like a Pulsar & the PCM).

Bcryan

Reaction score

100% agreed... does not address the issue at all

GagaBighorn

Reaction score
Umm.. so you’re stupid cuz I did this and got like a thousand horsepower okaaaay... so yeeeahh what everrrrr

Dpmac83

Reaction score
Same with the Banks pedal monster, Still has the lag but 40% at 20% input.

vegaskeith

Reaction score
I have a Lambo, installed Sprint Booster, HUGE improvement. The car does not nose over between shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread